Server machine

exity

Question

Hi, i want to ask something to the ppl that know more about it than i do.

Well i want to ask how many players a setup like this would support

AMD +3 fx8350 / 8 core 8 threads 4.5 Ghz OC

16gb ram 1800 DDR3

500 GB disk 7200rpm

1gbps port up/down

and a net of 10mb upload

Hi, i want to ask something to the ppl that know more about it than i do.

Well i want to ask how many players a setup like this would support

AMD +3 fx8350 / 8 core 8 threads 4.5 Ghz OC

16gb ram 1800 DDR3

500 GB disk 7200rpm

1gbps port up/down

and a net of 10mb upload

Only 10 mbps upload? Pretty low, if somene does a ddos, your server will be down right away... is that home hosting ?

Its a private line from a company here in my country, well i saw a guy doing speed test with hetzner servers and it showed 9mb upload, and he told me that his server could handle a lot of ppl thats why im asking :P

Only 10 mbps upload? Pretty low, if somene does a ddos, your server will be down right away... is that home hosting ?

lol? I have 0.1 mb upload speed and its still fine, and download speed of 7mb (I dowload files with 0.6)

Btw ontopic:

Im not amd hater but your CPU cant get compared even with an i3 of lower price... Max 30 ppl online with heavy lag, if more login paint it blue and throw in sea no offense:)

PS: the cpus for server are diffrent, your is a gaming and overlocking one which still fails compared to intel's same price cpus so dont expect something good from it, example of Server Cpus Intel Xeon(god) and Amd Opteron(noob)

The machine is fine, don't listen to kids, you need better internet if you want to support more plaers, with 10mbs upload you can support up to 200-250 players. With your machine + better internet you can support up to 2.000 players ( on OFF package ) and on Java package about 800-1000.

why im kid? he has a home pc it cant be compared even to the Cheapest server pc, amds are years behind

It has 8 cores of 4.0 Ghz each on normal and 16 GB RAM DD3, are you -beep-ing kidding me? This is a good PC and it can be used as a dedicated if you install on it windows server 2003 or 2008. With his curent config he can run smooth on wserver2003 server with 600 players(l2j) ( if he doesn't gets any ddos )

your RAM and your net is fine, but cpu/mobo/harddisk/os fcks you cause I repeat they cant get compared even with the cheapest dedicated server.... and Vyper you are a big jerk

8 Cores of AMD equals 2-4 Cores of intel better shut if you dont know, FX is for gaming only it will get screwed even with 50 ppl send/demand packets simutaniusly omg

I will suggest you to install Linux (debian or Ubuntu server edition) instead of windows and with an SSD (as xdem said) and with the correct configuration it will allow you to handle more than 300 ppl