Server machine

exity

Question

Hi, i want to ask something to the ppl that know more about it than i do.

Well i want to ask how many players a setup like this would support

AMD +3 fx8350 / 8 core 8 threads 4.5 Ghz OC

16gb ram 1800 DDR3

500 GB disk 7200rpm

1gbps port up/down

and a net of 10mb upload

you have 1gbps up/down port and you have 24 up? ;/

If you fix this to 200 upload, you can host over 1000-2000 ppl without any lag problem

The port thing is the network card, the 10mb upload is from internet :p

CPU are non factor, only RAM and HDD RPM counts. The only problem on the computer is the HDD, put a SSD and you're ok.

For idiots who think L2J eats more RAM than L2OFF, it's the reverse. L2OFF is coded with foots to say the best (you only have to see scripts). A 550players server use less than 3g RAM (geodata included), imagine if you allocate 12g to JVM, giving 2/3mo ram per player.

About net, I got no knowledge about DDoS, the only thing which is sure is, higher it is, lower a DDoS can damage it. You could eventually make a L2PHX trace, see packet send and their weight, * number of players you want and you would have your server consumption.

CPU are non factor, only RAM and HDD RPM counts. The only problem on the computer is the HDD, put a SSD and you're ok.

For idiots who think L2J eats more RAM than L2OFF, it's the reverse. L2OFF is coded with foots to say the best (you only have to see scripts). A 550players server use less than 3g RAM (geodata included), imagine if you allocate 12g to JVM, giving 2/3mo ram per player.

About net, I got no knowledge about DDoS, the only thing which is sure is, higher it is, lower a DDoS can damage it. You could eventually make a L2PHX trace, see packet send and their weight, * number of players you want and you would have your server consumption.

Thank you for your reply, anyway what should a use linux or windows server? thx

Use the one you know the best. OS is also non factor nowadays, giving the a-beep-t of RAM. Obviously it has to be a 64b OS, JVM has to be 64b also.

As a tweaked windows server uses as much as Linux, the only difference is Linux got the advantage of iptable. Ubuntu / WS 2003 would be ok.

CPU none factor? cool story, L2J is 99% comparisons and arithmetical procesess (true, false, < > = + ! ... ) and much more staff witch each one gets from CPU's arithmetical and logical unit (alu), now tell me if its the same to make comparisons for 300 players and for 900 players?

CPU none factor? cool story, L2J is 99% comparisons and arithmetical procesess (true, false, < > = + ! ... )

As any software over the world.

And to make it clear, when L2J begun, there wasnt any quad-core and stuff like that. Any random CPU from nowadays is ok.

The only things which matter are, as any server over the world, HDD and RAM.

Did you simply saw CPU process usage on L2J ?

As any software over the world.

And to make it clear, when L2J begun, there wasnt any quad-core and stuff like that. Any random CPU from nowadays is ok.

The only things which matter are, as any server over the world, HDD and RAM.

Did you simply saw CPU process usage on L2J ?

I dont have live server to check it

Still that "random cpu" which u are talking about. including Desktop CPUs like this FX get fcked over time when they make server work, and after some months his gonna have lesser perfomance, after a year his cpu will rotten, after 1 and half year it will be for the trash can, if he has the budget to afford upgrading his equipment every 6 months then theres no problem