L2JFrozen or L2JaCis?

Gyllene

L2JFrozen or L2JaCis?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. L2JFrozen or L2JaCis?

• L2JFrozen
    • L2JaCis

It's "aCis" not "L2JaCis". Never mind that it is based on L2J.

aCis has reached a high performance, some parts are even better than L2OFF.

u made my day! :)

aCis.

Frozen is one big mess, error after error made by themselves  :happyforever:

u made my day! :)

Don't laugh, Tяαnce is right  :troll:

@author, there is dozen of such topics in general l2j category..

Read changesets, go on both communities and read, test both packs and conclude by yourself.

Both packs got pros and cons.

L2JFrozen

Pros :

- based on Scoria, which already made a lot of work over the time.

- so far from the few last commits they improved quality overall.

- big community and few servers have already been successfully started from that pack.

Cons :

- based on another pack means you also introduced new bugs than basic pack couldn't have (added to L2JFrozen ones).

- team introduced bugs, and got a low reliability about testing.

- community is, to say the best, worst than mxc.

- the pack is developed via a classic pattern, they don't search to improve it (big needed reworks), but fix what they can see.

aCis

Pros :

- Tryskell as leader. One head to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. A single people leading operations, and getting an overview of what needs to be done. His avatar is a red-hair female dwarf so it's a big plus.

- unique developement pattern : drop useless customs and dedicate the time to rework heavy parts of the code, introducing missing features. The time I should use to fix customs is used to fix retail.

- Share2use system rewards ppl who dedicate their time to the community. I teach things to anyone who want to improve their skills, from the moment it's on my pack (I got a nice exemple with fernandopm, he learnt a lot -- and I'm proud of what he achieved !).

- high reliability as I test all. We also heavily use L2OFF IL to track infos and behaviors.

- the community isn't composed of all randomers asking questions than even MxC would be sad to get and is ACTIVE (many stuff I commit comes from other ppl, notably scripts).

Cons :

- not accessible to any randomer (I believe server developing shouldn't be handled by noobs).

- heavy rework means the pack can lack content (during a long time sometimes, cf scripts). Who remembers of the sacred time where aCis had 4 skills XMLs ? And the time where there was only 1 script ?

- the community has always been /4 than L2JFrozen (see first con).

Isn't

why you wonder? obviously i sayed for Pros is acis so....

i use acis as base but i fix by my own :P

your signature with esios isn't that project of elfiocrash who made it based on acis? ( even if tryskell told no ) and I also remember he made a pack based on acis and tried to sell it claiming it was based on l2j o.O

Because you use java language.

It is based on l2j so it is l2jacis. You cannot avoid it. You have to give credits.

here it's about the project not the programming language, anyw hore, can someone answer the question above?

Wrong answer. It is LINEAGE 2 JAVA PROJECT

EX.

L2J FROZEN

L2J ACIS

OK NOW?

Wrong answer. It is LINEAGE 2 JAVA PROJECT

EX.

L2J FROZEN

L2J ACIS

OK NOW?

Calling in l2j has nothing to do directly with the usage of java. It is called l2jfrozen or l2jacis because they are based on the l2j project.

Even though, l2j was named after that, influenced by java, meaning that they created a l2 project using java.

My point is that if someone creates a project from scratch doesn't have to contain the `j` just because he uses java.

Because you use java language.

So what? you can rename it as you want.

It is based on l2j so it is l2jacis. You cannot avoid it. You have to give credits.

What about L2DC? is based on L2J, but it doesn't matter now.

Calling in l2j has nothing to do directly with the usage of java. It is called l2jfrozen or l2jacis because they are based on the l2j project.

Even though, l2j was named after that, influenced by java, meaning that they created a l2 project using java.

My point is that if someone creates a project from scratch doesn't have to contain the `j` just because he uses java.

Good point.

Isn't

your signature with esios isn't that project of elfiocrash who made it based on acis? ( even if tryskell told no ) and I also remember he made a pack based on acis and tried to sell it claiming it was based on l2j o.O

yes now is private and me and elfocrash working on it.. :D