[L2J] Lineage II Wicca - OPENING 17/03/2013

xDrac

you should increase the enchant rate, 50% is too low.. maybe 75% normal and 85% blessed? also what exp rate will you set?

We chose a rather low enchant rate on purpose. Enchanting your equipment is supposed to be hard.

Keep in mind the higher enchanted your equipment is, the higher get your stats etc and the harder it is to balance them out properly on all classes.

Besides we think new players wouldn't be thrilled to join Lineage II Wicca and see everyone running around with high enchanted weaponry.

But if you still feel like we should make it higher, feel free to tell us why. :)

As for the experience rate... You can read more about it here:

http://l2wicca.com/boards/index.php?topic=21.0

That basically means it will be low and get higher and higher the more you level up.

You can't rush to max level in only 30 minutes, but you won't need to grind either.

We will try and make leveling enjoyable.

We will try and make leveling enjoyable.

Once you are end game, leveling is probably the last thing on your mind.

You (as a player) did all the quests, you met people, you solo pvped a bunch of times.

What stops you from leaving?

How relevant and significant is end game? Is there anything you can own with the risk of it being taken away? Any thrill of defeating someone where the agenda turns out to be something big? (securing land to prepare for sieges, capturing points for resources to afford powerful benefits?)

It may sound out of the ordinary L2, but you have to admit, that eventually, people won't be playing your server for things like quests and enjoyable lvling, they will pass it - farmers will pass it in 3 days or so.

If they get ahead of everyone else, they won't have anything to do for a while. You might lose their interest.

Good luck.

As we said. This isn't going to be your ordinary server.

People tend to rush through content way too fast nowadays.

We want people to take their sweet time and enjoy the world of Lineage II as it is supposed to be.

I can promise each and everyone of you that Serenity and I are really trying to create something "unique" here.

At least we would consider it as such.

We will have different ways of obtaining gear etc than endless grinding.

This isn't going to be your instant PvP server though, where you get everything in a matter of minutes.

No, no, no. We want you to keep busy, we want there to be something to do for you at all time, so that you won't get bored and always have something to work on or achieve.

That, too, is one of the reasons why we want people to level up. Leveling is not going to take forever as it does on lowrates. But it won't be superfast as it is on highrates either.

Though really, I am revealing too much.

And even leveling won't only be possible by killing monsters ;)

Our imagination is vast. We will try and surprise you with features that people aren't used to nowadays.

On a different note.

We appreciate all suggestions and ideas, so please:

DO take your time to register on our forums and let us know what you think about our server and how we could make it even better etc.

Your opinion counts, it really does.

And if you can, spread the word.

We all know it's more fun to play with a lot of people rather than a few! :)

Will the server have ddos protection?Cuz on previous servers they all said we have this we have that and some hours after launch server got ddosed to death with people flame rampaging all over. :rage: Eventually the server got stable again but people already left...  :troll: (and im talking about servers who had potential from the first minute,hosting a good amount of players from launch and sadly project failing  :poker face: )

Note that being 100% DDoS-proof costs a fortune (prices can climb up to 10,000$/month!).

Though, yes, we will try our best to protect the server against malicious attacks.  :)

This server feels oldschool, I like that :)) I hope a lot of people are going to join, I think it deserves it. Very unique server so far imo, can't wait to see what else the team can come up with.

Looking good i saw u spend lot of time there. Only IDK why i feel FAIL :/ I saw on your website aplication for coders/developers(core/datapack)- u dont have admins team?(that guy need do 90% of server work and i think nobody do it free) Anyway good luck but still I feel FAIL. Sorry man!  :dat:

Looking good i saw u spend lot of time there. Only IDK why i feel FAIL :/ I saw on your website aplication for coders/developers(core/datapack)- u dont have admins team?(that guy need do 90% of server work and i think nobody do it free) Anyway good luck but still I feel FAIL. Sorry man!  :dat:

What is wrong with being open-minded?

While the means to apply are up (not for much longer anyway) it doesn't mean we will take retard-x into the team when they apply.

I daresay we are extremely picky because we don't want the wrong persons to work with us.

Right now, all we could use would maybe be an additional developer.

It would speed things up, but we can go without one too. It'll just take a bit longer you see.

Everything looks really impressive, hopefully server will do well.

I really like some of yours custom features, seems you make good use of loading images using crests system, especially this avatar thing and so on looks good for player.

About enchant, I like it, it lets player to feel more pro after achieving higher enchant level, it also may help economy (less over enchanted weapons) etc.

Our new website is finally up!

Check it out!

What xDrac said. I'm sorry you feel that way. Our team can be seen here.

Everything looks really impressive, hopefully server will do well.

I really like some of yours custom features, seems you make good use of loading images using crests system, especially this avatar thing and so on looks good for player.

About enchant, I like it, it lets player to feel more pro after achieving higher enchant level, it also may help economy (less over enchanted weapons) etc.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Matim! :)

Note that being 100% DDoS-proof costs a fortune (prices can climb up to 10,000$/month!).

Though, yes, we will try our best to protect the server against malicious attacks.  :)

10k dollars ? what you want to protect  NCSoft ? Or an Lineage 2 Private server ? -.-''

10k dollars ? what you want to protect  NCSoft ? Or an Lineage 2 Private server ? -.-''

I did not say that our DDoS protection will cost $10k. I merely stated that, in general, for a very effective DDoS protection, prices can climb to $10k.

Stay on-topic, please.