About Balance

lliuke

Question

Hello guys,

I searched this forum for long time about a good way to balance classes and i found different ways like reduce skills power , reduce from base stats or making a custom passive skill for every class where i can reduce or power the class .

I wanted to ask you what do you think about this ? what is the best way to balance classes ?

8 answers to this question

Hello guys,

I searched this forum for long time about a good way to balance classes and i found different ways like reduce skills power , reduce from base stats or making a custom passive skill for every class where i can reduce or power the class .

I wanted to ask you what do you think about this ? what is the best way to balance classes ?

make your balanced in your server man :)

Dude, a player will define a class as balanced when he will win all his PvPs, all except that he will whine enemy class is unbalanced, he lagged, enemy donated, or whatever else.

Whatever ppl can say, L2 (and even L2J with some epic failed formulas) is balanced, the proof is in mass sieges all classes are useful (did you ever found an army of destros/archers/daggers pvping ?). The only factor is how you messed your server, the biggest factors are :

• number/duration of buffs.
  • enchant system on your server ( which can lead to an epic disaster, as ppl seem to forget skill % success is based on Matk).
  • custom items (if any).

Dude, a player will define a class as balanced when he will win all his PvPs, all except that he will whine enemy class is unbalanced, he lagged, enemy donated, or whatever else.

Whatever ppl can say, L2 (and even L2J with some epic failed formulas) is balanced, the proof is in mass sieges all classes are useful (did you ever found an army of destros/archers/daggers pvping ?). The only factor is how you messed your server, the biggest factors are :

• enchant system on your server ( which can lead to an epic disaster, as ppl seem to forget skill % success is based on Matk).
  • custom items (if any).

You are very right at your points .

But can you give me a hint for number/duration on buffs for freya HR ?

• custom items (if any).

Actually tryskell, yeap.. There are armies of archers on every server @ interlude. But that doesn't make the game unbalanced.. By saying balance people think that every player should be able to kill all others.. Every character has his role, it can't be done other way.. Some are nukers, others are tanks, others are support classes.. It's supposed to be like this..

this game still exists? ^^

There is no balance dude , as tryskell said when a player win all pvp he think server is balanced and he is pro and when he loses he says unbalance server !

That's l2 nowdays.

You are very right at your points .

But can you give me a hint for number/duration on buffs for freya HR ?

L2 devs made enchant almost impossible up to 16, and durations "2min songs/dances" / buffs amount (20+4 slots) are also made on purpose. Editing it, it's basically unbalancing your server to the very beginning.

L2J formulas can't handle +30 weapons (100% success skill rate otherwise) with all buffs 1 hour, for the simple reason some buffs are supposed to be rare (bd/sws) ; those buffs stack with basic ones, which make such combo extremely powerful (magic critical rate can go up to 100%+, according to L2p bravehost), but also very unbalanced. On retail, you FEEL when the enemy team got a sws. The sws himself is nerfed spamming skills (consumes more mana for added buff), guess why.

There are a lot of basic stuff ppl just forget, but that basic stuff will make whine your whole server for sure.

Every character has his role, it can't be done other way.. Some are nukers, others are tanks, others are support classes.. It's supposed to be like this..

+1, that's why team play exist :D

Every class on L2 got a class which can be won easily and vice versa