Lineage II Development Idea

Hello guys,

I started developing lineage Servers/packs whatsoever like ~1 year ago, yea I am kind of new to this stuff but not new to OOP, so you probably wondering what is the point of this topic. Well, when I started developing lineage servers I didn't do anything from scratch I used so base line packs like L2j, L2js, L2Pheonix, but what I realized is that all these packs SUCK! because  the code started to rot, no matter what pack all are based on the famous L2JServer, great job l2chef and the others but a lot of time passed since 2004 when java was THE BOMB! like 8 years since them, and no one is trying to update the old code and make it shine :D, and why should they? If it works,MEH! so here's my idea , why not start a team, a open source project, and recode everything from scratch?

MY idea is to use C#, and let me tell you why:

1.Delegates

2.Properties

3.Events

4.Async methods

5.WORKS FASTER THAN JAVA !

6.The garbage collection is much better thatn the one from Java

7.The IDE (Visual Studio 2012) is way better than Eclipse(lol IDE) or Intelij(the best for java IMO)

8.Call Stack,Call Trace and debugging are THE BOMB!

AND MANY MORE

I know that there will be script kiddies that don't know shit about programming but they know how to double click some bat file and they think they are guru's but let us hope this is not the case.

Any questions? if not  WHO'S IN?

I don't want spoil your happiness and optimism (but I will...), but making another emulator nowadays is just pointless. L2 itself is in agony.

Better keep your strengths for new games to emulate rather than try to ress a corpse.

I don't think you got an idea about the a-beep-t of required time to make something viable. Your idea would be eventually good if launched back in 2007... But we're in 2012.

See what has happening with L2C.

I don't want spoil your happiness and optimism (but I will...), but making another emulator nowadays is just pointless. L2 itself is in agony.

Better keep your strengths for new games to emulate rather than try to ress a corpse.

I don't think you got an idea about the a-beep-t of required time to make something viable. Your idea would be eventually good if launched back in 2007... But we're in 2012.

See what has happening with L2C.

Maybe you are right :) about the Lineage II agony but don't assume that you know everything about me:D, and I am referring here to the part you said "you don't have an idea", this was just an offer for you guys :), the project is almost done, Recoded everything about login/game server core :), and it uses JNBridge to support backward compatibility for java  scripts/events/quests and so on so you don't need to learn how to code into a new engine you will just use the old L2j style for making events/quests.

Some of you think this is full of bullshit, but nope, in some days I will reveal it:D and you will all see:D

problem?

I dont think that he have a problem, it was just that your post was unrelated with the topic.

He didnt even said if the chronicle is going to be interlude or something else, so you cant compare 2 diff things.

problem?

First of all, aCis isn't private, you are just too dumb to understand what Tryskell thinks and what he feels with everything that has been going on the last year. Anyone can get the files, and i mean it, ANYONE.

And if aCis is crap, as you say, i am Bill Gates.

Not agree with that.

Not agree too, but you know when a reputation is given, ppl don't try to change. You must admit there are few parts of codes which should be reworked from 0 (AI system mostly).

Anyway, mavmdox made another topic with screens and such, my biggest problem is : since when he developped it, cause it looks pretty advanced and he popup it from his hat like Marry Poppins.

And what is currently working aswell. Cause I'm almost sure near nothing is working.

It's disturbing.

First of all, aCis isn't private, you are just too dumb to understand what Tryskell thinks and what he feels with everything that has been going on the last year. Anyone can get the files, and i mean it, ANYONE.

And if aCis is crap, as you say, i am Bill Gates.

aCis (another "crappy" interlude server) if that word inside the "" says you something :P

I want to make my own server mod, and I need a "clean" pack to begin with.

l2jfrozen has a lot of sh!t inside and aCis needs to contribute something to get the svn,

I haven't understood what to contribute yet...