Things You Should Not Do When Making A Server.

the best thing is to focus at search engine, but ofc many forum systems have protection against that (x searchs per ip // search only if y // ...) like capthca codex for register accounts. This both ways, you try to fuk up database engine and not only the network ( what will be done with infinite pings)

my question is: can you work with more than one database (not tables) at the same time from one process?

i mean have 2 connections at the same time

the best thing is to focus at search engine, but ofc many forum systems have protection against that (x searchs per ip // search only if y // ...) like capthca codex for register accounts. This both ways, you try to fuk up database engine and not only the network ( what will be done with infinite pings)

my question is: can you work with more than one database (not tables) at the same time from one process?

i mean have 2 connections at the same time

Your first part of the post seems kinda random, try to rewrite it.

And yes you can work with multiple databases.

Your first part of the post seems kinda random, try to rewrite it.

prolly, i have some mad weekend today

nuke search engine of your forum -> a lot of db queues (search secundary index, primary index, take rows from hdd ) + TCP/IP information

nuke echo request (ping) -> only TCP/IP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not realy a guide but advices for starters admins :) But i had fun reading it :)

Not really... Anyone can read them you don't have to be a 'starter admin'. It is good advice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@fokys

The same thing is if "bots" try to register. Once again, private forums wont affect DDoS success. Most Denial of Service attacks target the TCP/UDP level not the web level.

Afaik when the server and the website are hosted on the same machine there may occur website attacks which are more powerfull and bring the machine down easier.

• 3 months later...