[GUIDE] Get IP/Port of Any Server [No Program Needed]

Lain

FYI: you can't find other people's ip through MSN unless you are sharing a file with them. Or else you are getting Microsoft's ip... good luck with that.

As a matter of fact, sometimes you can.At least I can.Dunno what happens but I get their IP w/o sending/receiving files.

to easily find the ip/port of the server just type:

netstat -b

it will list the ips+the application name.(l2.exe)

As a matter of fact, sometimes you can.At least I can.Dunno what happens but I get their IP w/o sending/receiving files.

to easily find the ip/port of the server just type:

netstat -b

it will list the ips+the application name.(l2.exe)

"netstat /b /n" for easyful

thats not possible, because when you chat with people on MSN you are not chatting with them directly they (and you) are being routed through a random microsoft server. the only way to get someones IP via MSN would be to send them a file (which opens a connection directly to them). dunno if they have to accept it or not. then you can use something like ethereal or wireshark to sniff through the outgoing/incoming packets for their IP. netstat works to, i think.

anyways there are tons of other programs for things like this, such as netstatx (my recommendation)

thats not possible, because when you chat with people on MSN you are not chatting with them directly they (and you) are being routed through a random microsoft server. the only way to get someones IP via MSN would be to send them a file (which opens a connection directly to them). dunno if they have to accept it or not. then you can use something like ethereal or wireshark to sniff through the outgoing/incoming packets for their IP. netstat works to, i think.

anyways there are tons of other programs for things like this, such as netstatx (my recommendation)

netstat -n -b  show IP when you transfer a file .... accept request must be granted

also, you can probe with "netstat /n /b" is most usefull

What does the "/b" do? How is this different from the one posted in 1st post? This is very usefull works in pretty much any game I've needed to get ip/port.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm, I don't think this is such a great discovery. I think that lots of ppl already know what netstat does on cmd. Also I think that netstat -n -b would be more usefull than netstat -n. It shows all numerical IPs and the application that is using that ip. so it will say:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

[L2.exe]