Noble® 's TANK way to Dr.Mundo! LoLGuide#1

Noble®

DISCLAIMER:All the guide/decriptions/comments etc below are personal and handwritten by Noble® and are property of my personal guidelist .if you plan on using this text to any other site / blog /forum give proper credits to Noble®

Dr. Mundo The Madman of Zaun

36.jpg

Why you should pick Dr.Mundo:

*Tons of HP and damage

*He has double effect ulti(healing-haste)

*Tank/Bruiser

*He has 2 Slows

*He can raise his attack power a lot with his 3rd skill in the cost of little hp

*He can wipe out escapers and he can escape easily

*He is virtually invicible on 1v1

*CC(Crowd control) affect him less

*He can solo any lane easy

*Manaless

*If played right he can become <<ranged>>

*Farmer

*Noble® 's personal favorite choice

*Powerful on 3v3

Do NOT pick Dr.Mundo:

*if you cant play tank(there is no reason to feed and ruin your teams game)

*if you dont like the skill cost(hp)

*not familiar with melees

*Ignite/Healing reducers can be pain in the neck

SKILLS

Adrenaline Rush

AdrenalineRush.jpg

Passive: Dr. Mundo regenerates 0.3% of his max health each second.

Description:Simple. Much HP=Big HP Regen=Lane Farm=Power=Survival

Infected Cleaver

InfectedCleaver.jpg

HP COST: (50/60/70/80/90)

Minimum Damage:80/130/180/230/280

Magic Damage: 15/18/21/23/25% of target's current health.

CD:4 seconds

Dr. Mundo hurls his cleaver, dealing magic damage equal to a portion of his target's current health and slowing them by 40% for 2 seconds. If Infected Cleaver hits a target, it refunds 50% of the cost.

Decription: that his main skill! it can be used at the cost of HP. if it hits any enemy/neutral creep or champion it refunds the half hp back to Mundo!

Incredibly usefull skill for harassing or finishing escaping enemy,first blood.It needs some practise though in order to aim and be fast enough.If you hunt someone with mundo it is almost impossible to escape you with 4 second cooldown!

Burning Agony

BurningAgony.jpg

(Toggle): Dr. Mundo drains his health to reduce the duration of stuns and slows and deal continual magic damage to nearby enemies.

Cost:20/25/30/35/40 health per second.

Magic Damage: 40/55/70/85/100 (+0.2 per ability power)

Duration Reduction: 15/20/25/30/35%.

Description:great battle skill.toggle this one will start draining your life but providing you tremendous benefits as almost every champ has stun,fear,silence etc(FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH 20px-Mercury%27s_Treads.gif Mercury treads.you wont even feel that you were stunned!Usable when you chase someone or if they chase you.Damage is dealt around Mundo so you can hurt champions even from behind you or even without attacking them!

Masochism

Masochism.jpg

Increases Dr. Mundo's physical damage by a flat amount for 5 seconds. In addition, Dr. Mundo also gains additional damage for each percentage of health he is missing.

Cooldown: 7 seconds

Cost: 25/35/45/55/65 health.

Base Damage Increase: 40/55/70/85/100

Description:Simple!gives you from 40-100 dmg + a little bonus per % of hp missing! MUST be activated while entering a battle!you will see the difference!

Sadism

Sadism.jpg

Dr. Mundo regenerates a portion of his Max Health over 12 seconds. Additionally, he gains extra movement speed for the duration.

Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Cost: 20% of current health.

Heal: 40/55/70% of max health.

Movement Speed: 15/25/35%.

Description:Super skill that heals you(really a lot) makes you a super fast ganging force! with 1minute cooldown you can spam it in order to survive in teamfights , lane farming,escape from gangs,finish off running enemies.it costs 20% of the current HP(NOT max HP) which means(ex) that if you have 100 HP out of 4000 it will cost only 20 hp :D

My preferrable Mastery tree

it might change depends on your gameplay and influence.it is just my personal configuration. If you wanna change them and experiment with them click HERE

My Build

2vmvpeq.jpg

SKILLS

Max out Infected Cleaver as this is your main skill!

Then Go for Burning agony but keep at least at low level Masochism which you will max out later

Ulti at 6/11/16

352eqae.jpg

BUILD

2n1xrmf.jpg

Alternative Items(seperetely)

Depending on the circumstances you might need to change some of the items with the next items

1ox5af.jpg

Item expanation:

item_87.jpg --> +30 magic resistance / +250hp / -10 CDR(cooldown reduction) / +15% bonus healing. provides useful stats and synergizes greatly with your ulti which means that it protects you from mages and ulti has bonus effects on your healing.also reduces the already low cd of mundo's skills

item_61.jpg --> 930HP+450HP on creep kills/ +30HP+15 regen|5sec. Greatly increases Mundo's HP so you can spam mundo hp cost skills without even notice that you re losing HP.Remember the more HP the better your ulti becomes

item_62.jpg --> +450HP / +45armor / +40magic damage per second on a small radius around you .Since most times you will be Tank you ll draw fire upon you.so with sunfire cape you increase your HP more as well as your armor.also since your not equipping any damage items the dmg it makes, stucks with burning agony you might be able to get a finishing blow on teamfights or runners or to any invisible eve,twitch,shaco,teemo that hides

item_70.jpg OR item_85.jpg  --> Choose depending on enemy hero selections.if there are physical damage dealers prefer ninja tabi which will increase your dodge and armor.if there are mages prefer Mercury treads which increase your magic resist.keep in mind that  stuck perfectly with Burning Agony so every cc your enemy will try on you will fail!

item_36.jpg  --> +76 magic resist / +40hp regen |5sec / +8% movement speed / +0.35% hp regen passively every second. Building this item along with mundo passive and warmogs willl make you have burning agony always active without worrying about your HP own harassment

item_64.jpg  --> luxury item.most times if your team is good you wont manage to make it.but if not,you ll get a second chance on a mundo to rush in battle again.

Mind those useful items too

item_40.jpg --> Tryndamere,WW,renekton,Yi and every other heavy melee will think twice to attack you or gang you :D

item_115.jpg --> i ll be honest. i didnt like this item a lot.but it happened to solo a lane with kassadin and malzahar in the same line and i died 2 times until lvl 8(supress and void walk + 2 silence) it provides some damage (+35) and +30 magic resist and if they heavy nuke you the weapon passively places a shield absorbing 300damage for 4 seconds(only for early-mid)

item_16.jpg --> most of times i put this instead of guardinal angel since i play a lot more offensively. with the enormous hp i have along with damage from sunfire cap-masochism-base damage-runes-burning agony i m a team on my own with Mundo xD you reach 300base damage easily without ANY damage item! incredibly useful late game lead me to many triple-quadra kills with over than 65% hp laughing at them and enemies shouting LoL LOL LOL and accusing their team as a noob :p :D :D

Summoner Spells

spell_214.jpg and spell_202.jpg OR spell_211.jpg or spell_201.jpg

those spells are for finishing runners.with your speed and skills you should be able to finish them...the choice is yours!

The rest are newbie choice!

Worst Enemies to counter(early-mid game only)

Healing reducers or ignite spells that will reduce your ulti effect like

55.jpg (Killer insticts)

96.jpg(Bio arcane Barrage)

41.jpgGangplank with Grog Soaked Blade

18.jpg Tristana with Explosive shot

21.jpg Miss Fortune with Impure shots

32.jpg Amumu with Despair

90.jpg Malazahar may trouble you with his ulti so watch him a little after level 6 as he may silence and heavy nuke you

All the other champions wont cause any trouble to you :D

WATCH OUT!!!   item_37.jpg watch out as this item is  anti an mundo item. can turn tides  even when your <<food>> gets it. so watch out

Runes

Marks

rune_36.jpg Greater Mark of Desolation x 9(1.66 armor pen x 9)

Seals

rune_58.jpg Greater Seal of Evasion x 9(0,75% dodge x 9)

rune_32.jpg Greater Seal of Vitality x 9(1,09hp/level regen=19,44hp x9)

rune_55.jpg Greater Seal of Regeneration x 9(0,11hp regen/level = 1,98x9)

Glyphs

rune_98.jpg Greater Glyph of Shielding x 9(0,15 magic reist/level = 2,7 x 9 )

Quintessences

rune_1.jpg Greater Quintessence of Fortitude x 3 (+26HP x 3)

PS: i m not making you proz! i just try to introduce you the power of this insane hero :D

PS: early - mid -late gaming is on purpose missing since i do NOT know your level or your mates and i m incapable of instructing you what to do...remember this DONT feed and play calm!if YOU fail then your team fails cause Mundo is considered as a HEAVY tank.and LoL tanks are extremely rare!so dont try to ruin your team's game.Mundo needs practise.if you dont practise on custom or vs bot then dont try to pick him ...better choose ashe

Feel free to comment or add things ...

Credits Noble®

"Mundo say his own name a lot, or else he forget! Has happened before.  Mundo 's /joke

Τhis hero is really annoying when played well

Btw,your build should always be flexible,depending the enemies(talking about magic resist resistance)

Plus,a kowmaw can pwn you in seconds with a madreds ;d

Should i mention that you should make warmogs right after buying boots of speed?;D

and what about first item,uncle noble?;d

Great guide ! If i could, i would give you karma as a reward.Your masteries & your first built but with the

boots of armor/dodge are really awesome, i use the same.Just, i dont use the same runes as you.I use only hp reg/hp.

Τhis hero is really annoying when played well

Btw,your build should always be flexible,depending the enemies(talking about magic resist resistance)

Plus,a kowmaw can pwn you in seconds with a madreds ;d

Should i mention that you should make warmogs right after buying boots of speed?;D

and what about first item,uncle noble?;d

It's kog'maw ! xD , btw your first item after the boots must be spirit visage

*He has double effect ulti(healing-haste)

healing and movement speed*

*He has 2 Slows

Q and ...??

Just some mistakes i guess

character limit :p

I always get 1007.gif Regrowth Pendant which provides +15 Health Regen per 5 sec  and 2003.gif

some ppl take Doran's shield but  i have one principle in my life :D dont buy things that will be a waste and after lvl 8 doran is useless to me xD 

i personally can lane enough until lvl 9-10 with only these 2 things and usually get about 3,500-4,000 gold...if not i try to get 3065.gif and at least after visage (about lvl 5-6) i get  1001.gif

i doubt any1 except ww will make madreds as first item.still ,if they do normally they ll lose time

@weird:i always go with exhaust and the 95% of mundos go with exhaust too.if no one considers it a slow there is alt explanation too...slow means to catch up your enemy and dont let him escape,or from his side slow means not to let you catch him!those two are incompatible with mundo because mundo's speed cant be messed xD  you slow and you cant be slowed

Well,i stop playing l.o.l long time now so i can't really tell a good comment :P .

I only remember when an enemy had this champion...he was pwning me ;$ .

If you feed him just a little,he spread pain.

Guide seems too organized tho.

Gratz for your work ;D .

a small comment...boots are not that vital since if he needs to, he can throw his cleave to a chaser to slow him down or use his ulti to speed up and run away,thats why i preferred visage first and boots afterward

Well,i stop playing l.o.l long time now so i can't really tell a good comment :P .

I only remember when an enemy had this champion...he was pwning me ;$ .

If you feed him just a little,he spread pain.

Guide seems too organized tho.

Gratz for your work ;D .

Kinda same story here.

Ashe is much harder than Mundo. Seriously.

btw Mundo is not a good option for main-tank. Let someone like Shen, Rammus or Galio do that job and play as an extremely tanky dps. Sure you can initiate and afford lots of damage but no serious team will focus you, plus you cannot protect your team's squishies. Simply build lots of HP (not Warmogs stacking of course...) and get an Atma's Impaler.

Also, best counter to Ignite = Quicksilver Sash. A champion that really counters Mundo is MF cause she just hits and applies healing reduction with her W, so even if you remove it you get hit and get low healing again.

wrong skill build, his 3rd is a lot better than his second and also he can jungle with his third with different skill build+runes+masteries+starting item ;p

plus his second got big hp-cost at early game

also add at Why you should pick Dr.Mundo:

"most op champ for 3v3" lol

True ;p