[Discussion]What the F do players want nowadays?

embass

nah they neeed nutts to ban the idiots who cause problems and not be swayed by forum trolling and crying to nerf this and nerf that

Τhis is another point,server balance

Something that this shitty community(randoms this time) can't understand,and cry all the time,making admin in the end change something in his server,which will cause people leaving,in the end

please don't go off-topic + irony or WTF

I am waiting to see if someone will ever read topic's subject. :D i'll give him adena

read it,show me the adenaa =))

for embass:what can i say?this is the one of the reason i left l2.coz when i started on a server,i started alone,i made some friends i ended in a clan,than some other clans left servers because of idk what reasons,than some other ppl left and from 1k ppl server ended up in a 3 or 4 clan server wich we were fighting every day and it started to be boring,so 2 of the 4 clans left and the other 2 ended up to be a ally and everyone left server and went to another server to start over X(.idk whats wrong,all ppl say they love Interlude and all do the same thing:they join ,they say wow cool server,they play for 2 - 3 weeks than they say omg pfff server,stupid admin,then they go in giran and do something like this:!hey everyone this server sucks come on other server www.anotherl2server.com it will open in 1 day and i heard that will rock!! other ppl answer:!omg omg :O lets go...lets brake items and gooo....when other server started same problems and after 3 weeks they move to another...the story repeats

People should whine less and just play with what they got. Geez, you're playing this game for free and people are still whinning and crying around.

In the time you would've changed servers or wasted your time searching for another one, you could have easily gotten better on the one you have been playing on perviously.

Players tend to see and pick out all those supposedly bad things they get bothered by. "O noes, higher enchantment than me! LEAVE!." "O noes! He pwned me! LEAVE!" "O noes! Someone else leaves! I'ma LEAVE TOO!"

Just play. Just play and enjoy.

And if that game got way too boring, just retire.

I see some good replies here. Especially Alexina's or Finito's.

Many good ideas for brainstorming.

I guess so far we discovered some good reasons to why this is happening, but how to prevent it?

Obviously Interlude seems shit. I believe so and from replies you posted there wasn't any argument on that.

So what can be done then to change this situation for better?

What is in your opinion core contributor to having a successful (and lasting) server?

Finito said uniqueness. Do you mean customs by that?

There can be all kinds of uniqueness. From ig features like zones, items, special npc's to web features (like dynamic signatures or nwatch for example), events, etc...

I got some ideas of my own but I'd really love to hear more from you guys.

I see some good replies here. Especially Alexina's or Finito's.

Many good ideas for brainstorming.

I guess so far we discovered some good reasons to why this is happening, but how to prevent it?

Obviously Interlude seems shit. I believe so and from replies you posted there wasn't any argument on that.

So what can be done then to change this situation for better?

What is in your opinion core contributor to having a successful (and lasting) server?

Finito said uniqueness. Do you mean customs by that?

There can be all kinds of uniqueness. From ig features like zones, items, special npc's to web features (like dynamic signatures or nwatch for example), events, etc...

I got some ideas of my own but I'd really love to hear more from you guys.

custom quests with custom rewards ("custom" depends on servers economy) and more complicated quests. ie having completed 1 quest gives different rewards to others (imagine stakato q for items giving more items if u had completed 2-3 other quests)

hidden mobs or raids

and generally features that are not posted on website, things that players have to explore by themselves. that would be intresting (imagine looking on the map for some special boss/mobs, that would give more items or something)

How 'bout you stop spamming useless shit in every -beep-ing topic you come across.

Ehm, no?

Oh hey, you just went off topic ::) Tsk, tsk..

'sides that this is meant seriously. There's not that much HB servers out there

Ehm, no?

Oh hey, you just went off topic ::) Tsk, tsk..

'sides that this is meant seriously. There's not that much HB servers out there

Try because Hellbound is shit and L2 lost its touch after c4?

Try because Hellbound is shit and L2 lost its touch after c4?

Lmao, you are so very retarded.

Just cause you think so doesnt mean everyone else does.

That community filled with greeks and latin people is so dumb they have been watching all the same shit in 2 years what do you expect, make endgame less easy reachable but interesting and you will have a successful server.Come up with something uniqe , NO NOT nwatch or fire arrow animation, offline shop or pi as farming zone.

That community filled with greeks and latin people is so dumb they have been watching all the same shit in 2 years what do you expect,

This is the most stupid reply here.Seriously

Since the reason that this kind of servers fail,is core clans leaving,and not some random greeks/latin kids