[Discussion]What the F do players want nowadays?

embass

First of all,i would like to tell you i did read until the half of it,i guess it doesn't say something we already don't know

The topic title isn't refereed to what really happens

Let me tell you,that people playing this kind of servers you create every day,are around 1500

How do they work:

You should now,that these people go around from server to server.

The fact that there are many servers like what u created,makes this situations

First of all,from these 800 ppl online,~400 are members of core clans,and some other randoms + random clans

There are like 5-6 clans going around in servers.With standard people,every time

There is always this 'war'.Since they are not random clan,they are not gonna invite anyone(keep if to get what i will say below)

In a Interlude Mid rate,especially of this kind,what matters in mass pvps,is mostly Quantity > Quality

Since they can't win a battle,they will quit,since they won't invite anyone else(random) or make an ally.

They prefer to go in another SAME type server,hoping that there,they will have chance to pwn someone else,as they are

If the 2-3 core clans leave,there will be no battles.And ,end of server is near.Most ppl leave,randoms get boredcause of the few features in a IL server,and the few items that can change the result of a pvp

I won't even analyze this shit of ddosing,or war between these servers.To make these core clans leave the server

For me,the reason that ur server failed,and any other mid rate IL,is the COMMUNITY and not you

Your only fault is choosing to make a server like this.

Nowadays,it's not like all days,you can find ~10 same servers of every type,so ppl won't try more to become good somewhere,and will just emoquit to another,hoping they will be better there

For sure,giving items back,is not a solution

and yes,moving into a Freya isn't a solution too

Try to make something unique,that can keep randoms + core clans active for long

Something where quality can win quantity

Something that Gameplay can win Gear

It's up to you,finding solutions

I bet you know the situation,and how things going,better than me

FACEPALM__Jack_Skellington_by_A_S_K_08.jpg

2 walls of text in 1 topic ? lol =D anyway i'll edit this post after i read

I can't belive too , but i did it .. i read all , and finito's right .. it's not your fault , but it's community's fault because nowdays players have too many servers to chose, so there are some servers that are really good and have players and others that have players in first (?)few days/weeks and then players are getting bored and quit , or simply "emoquit"

players want retail for free no bugs, no geodata bugs, everything working

no donations, they want the owner to live in a mud hut and be grateful his google ads pay him 16 pence a week.

First of all,i would like to tell you i did read until the half of it,i guess it doesn't say something we already don't know

The topic title isn't refereed to what really happens

Let me tell you,that people playing this kind of servers you create every day,are around 1500

How do they work:

You should now,that these people go around from server to server.

The fact that there are many servers like what u created,makes this situations

First of all,from these 800 ppl online,~400 are members of core clans,and some other randoms + random clans

There are like 5-6 clans going around in servers.With standard people,every time

There is always this 'war'.Since they are not random clan,they are not gonna invite anyone(keep if to get what i will say below)

In a Interlude Mid rate,especially of this kind,what matters in mass pvps,is mostly Quantity > Quality

Since they can't win a battle,they will quit,since they won't invite anyone else(random) or make an ally.

They prefer to go in another SAME type server,hoping that there,they will have chance to pwn someone else,as they are

If the 2-3 core clans leave,there will be no battles.And ,end of server is near.Most ppl leave,randoms get boredcause of the few features in a IL server,and the few items that can change the result of a pvp

I won't even analyze this shit of ddosing,or war between these servers.To make these core clans leave the server

For me,the reason that ur server failed,and any other mid rate IL,is the COMMUNITY and not you

Your only fault is choosing to make a server like this.

Nowadays,it's not like all days,you can find ~10 same servers of every type,so ppl won't try more to become good somewhere,and will just emoquit to another,hoping they will be better there

For sure,giving items back,is not a solution

and yes,moving into a Freya isn't a solution too

Try to make something unique,that can keep randoms + core clans active for long

Something where quality can win quantity

Something that Gameplay can win Gear

It's up to you,finding solutions

I bet you know the situation,and how things going,better than me

+1 for all u've said!

Well the problem doesn't come from the server side problems I can assure you that. In your server(and on almost every other), the main problem comes from the community as usual. The basic thing that will keep the server online it a good GM team to stalk for any sort of propaganda and flame (like the one about server closure for instance). That alone will make a big difference itself. And when I see stalk I mean all the time not just here and there for 5-10 minutes. That is costly and hard thing to do ofc (finding the right people for the right job is even harder ;) ) but if you manage to pull it out. If you want to create a flame self extinguisher you'll have to aim for a 2 sided server. As lons as there are 2 opposing sides that are both equally powerful, they'll flame each other and wont bother talk trash about server that much.

Overall: When kids start to cry - put a lolipop on their mouth and they'll shut up/ Server lolipop - gm events, petition responses(not ignorance), other stuff that can keep the server society occupied while you deal with server side problems.

Good servers cannot be ran by a single person. The more loyal people you have on your side the better.

Well the problem doesn't come from the server side problems I can assure you that. In your server(and on almost every other), the main problem comes from the community as usual. The basic thing that will keep the server online it a good GM team to stalk for any sort of propaganda and flame (like the one about server closure for instance). That alone will make a big difference itself. And when I see stalk I mean all the time not just here and there for 5-10 minutes. That is costly and hard thing to do ofc (finding the right people for the right job is even harder ;) ) but if you manage to pull it out. If you want to create a flame self extinguisher you'll have to aim for a 2 sided server. As lons as there are 2 opposing sides that are both equally powerful, they'll flame each other and wont bother talk trash about server that much.

Believe me,L2Aegis did that,and guess what,same shit

Yea,the community nowadays(mostly of interlude) is facked up.

We all know it.

+1 what finito said.

But i suprised about your love with ur job,your seriousness & your e-character.

Just gratz.

Well they failed somewhere. The server administration is a process that requires attention of all the server staff members. And they must have the thing for it, not just the desire. The problems come when there are problem between individual GM team members. And you should keep and full info about the server's affairs. Example: Some ppl from a leading clan got banned = ddos, forum tolling etc, etc. What should you do - for a day or 2 post a GM ingame to answer petitions and say several times in Announcements that several people from etc clan got banned for bug abuse... this way the game society will know why they got banned and on the top of that they'll know that Server staff wont tolerate bug abusers, and might even encourage ppl to report bugs (don't expect that from a bunch of kids ofc... they prefer to bug the game as we all know). And having that done people will know also that they have the GM team that cares. Other thing is the so called "Forum war" - this is where it gets difficult - banned ppl stard posting non stop crap about you, your server, gm staff, advertise other servers. This part requires more attention as you have to actually win it with arguments (pictures of bug abusers having lol amount of items impossible to get, and etc simple thing that prove you right). Once you defend and win your position in your forum, you can move to the part where you get the faulty ppl banned for the "Now you know that for us you ppl are equal standing and we won't pay any favours to this and that clan". Get this one right and bang you scored big time. I won't lie to you, winning a war with words alone is a hard thing to do, but it is necessary cause only "banning" this and that person wont get other players to believe you. Trust is essencial to win. The more your society trusts you, the better your server will be. I say this from several years of forum experiense as both GM/Mod and a regular player. If you loose the faith of your players, it is basically the end of your server. These guys that will stay to play are prolly donators and ones that are too lazy to start from the 0 on another server..... I think the WALL on the first post proves me right in everything I said.

Above everything else the staff must be able to see the server from both sides - GM and player alike, in order to know what problems occure ingame... When you look at a book(game world in this particular situation) you never judge if by the cover(unless you're an idiot). That is a hard thing to do as well and it consumes a great deal of time, but it worth the result - less bugs, less balance issues, less economy glitches... +++ for the server health bar ^^

Lmfao, re-read your fuking wall text and you'll realize you failed cause of your mistakes.

- Banning 1 let's say "competitive" clan even if they're all poor lowskilled scrubs

- Recruiting fail gms

- Recruiting fail webdevelopers

- Not moving your server to EU since 90% of your server was from EU

- Donations for +16 items, oh wait, didn't you say you dont need money?

- Opening an interlude server knowing it will fail in 1 month

Hope it's clear now

i will tell u a shorty story to understand whats going on

once there was a prison and in 1 cell there were 2 ppl. one of them was constantly demanding for a new cell cause it was too "crowded". then the head of the prison put 2 more in his cell. the prisoner demanded again and again and the warden put constantly more and more ppl in till the cell had 16 ppl at the same time. then the warden took 14 out and let the original 2 in the cell and that guy never demanded anything :P

all in all they dont know what they want. they whine about the servers and insult even those who try just because they know there r 5 new servers every week of each exp range and each version. so u will never never satisfy them in any way. (even more when they dont know how to play)

if making a server demanded a 20k $$ payment to ncsoft and there where 10 private servers around do u think any of the players would act like that?

no one is ever going to read that wall of text.

let me give you a simple answer, what players want is a good game and not l2, lol.

lol nob,

i read it all.. it's a really hard work to keep a server working well, without corruption, without exploits, etc.. everybody want to have advantage from others so it's like a f*cking real world haha, i just recommend you never make roll back( i've read that players went to aionLOL and others server) buts thats not the solution.. maybe starting a new server from 0 buts it's really a headache.. so just go out and enjoy your life away from l2..

no more, ^^ gl

those who didnt managed to read the whole text, are those 13yo's (if not age, then mentality) that are belonging to the bad community - never satisfied, always seeking for the bling bling.

all what a server owner needs is nerves. some got em, some dont.