How to make a L2J C4 server in 5 minutes

Making a L2 Server

Before Starting You will need to make sure you have you have at least the minimum requirements if you would like to play Lineage II. I have included those specifications

below.

Minimum Req. Recommended Req.

CPUPentium 3 800MHz Pentium 4 1GHz or better

RAMHigher than 256MB Higher than 512MB

GFXGeForce2 or better Geforce4 Ti or better

::Step 1::

*Note: You will need to have approximately 5 GB of free space available on your hard drive.*

Download and install the Lineage 2 Chronicle 4 client.

The client can be found here:

ftp://l2clientdownload.lineage2.com/Chronicle04/L2_C4_Installer.zip

http://www.fileplanet.com/160491/160000/fileinfo/Lineage-II-Chronicle-4:-Scions-of-Destiny---Game-Client

*Note: The downloading time takes about 2½ hours for 1.2 Mbps DSL users*

::Step 2::

*Note: If you already have Directx 9.0c installed skip to step 3*

Download and Install Directx 9.0c

Directx 9.0c can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

::Step 3::

Download and install MySql

MySql can be found here:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html

*Note: Scroll halfway down the page and you will find the Windows downloads section. You will want to download the Windows (x86) 4.1.12 35.7M version.*

During the installation you will encounter a security setting for the root password. It will be the first of two check boxes. It is imperative you remember this password.

At some point the config process will give you the ability to allow it to begin on startup. Make sure you check that.

::Step 4::

Download and Install Navicat.

Navicat is a gui that lets you easily navigate the creation of Sql database's, tables, etc. Although it isn't necessary, I highly recommend it as it will make things easier for both new and advanced users. In this faq you will find I have provided two ways of installing the Sql databases, one with Navicat and one without it for those who prefer not to use it.

You can download Navicat here:

http://www.navicat.com/download.html

After installation, Navicat will ask you about the root password you set up during the installation of MySql. Input that password.

::Step 5::

Download The server files .

These files can be found here:

http://www.maxbastards.gr/portal/viewtopic.php?t=888 OR

http://forum.ragezone.com/general-l2j-contributions/share-jellis1324s-custom-serverpack-113120.html

::Step 6::

Configure the Config files.

Gameserver:

GameserverHostname=ur.ip.ad.dres

GameserverPort=7777

ExternalHostname=ur.ip.ad.dress

InternalHostname=ur.lan.ip.here

LoginserverHostname=*

Driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb?cachePrepStmts=true&prepStmtCacheSize=50

Login=root

Password=(your password)

MaximumDbConnections=5

Login server :

ExternalHostname=*

InternalHostname=*

LoginserverHostname=*

LoginserverPort=2106

LoginTryBeforeBan=20

LoginPort=9014

AcceptNewGameServer = False

ShowLicence = False

Driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb

Login=root

Password=your pass here

MaximumDbConnections=10

To register ur server just run fro ligin the : RegisterGameServer.bat [ if the server is already has the hax code u can skip this ]

::Step 7::

Establish the database.

Go ahead and open Navicat, you'll notice on the left side of the menu you will have a Connections column. Go ahead and right click on whatever is there and delete it.

Next right click that column and Select New Connection. Name this connection l2jdb. It has to be this as we have set it to this in the cfg file.

Test the connection. If you have included your root password into that, it should have no problem. If you cannot connect to mysql, thats because its not running. A restart might help. But it will usually be running after the install.

Now you have a connection named "l2jdb". Right click the connection and add a new database. After the db database shows, right click it & "Execute Batch File", you will then search within your l2jru folder for a directory called sql. You will have files ranging from Accounts to Weapons. You will execute each batch file, and as you do they will appear into your table data area to the right.

::Step 7 (Without Navicat)::

Establish the database.

Right click on full_install.bat and select edit. Find the lines that read

set mysqlBinPath=C:\mysql\bin

set user=root

set pass=

set DBname=l2jdb

and change that to

set mysqlBinPath=C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin

set user=root

set pass=(your password)

set DBname=l2jdb

Save, then run it. This will do all the work you just did with Navicat. The only purpose of Navicat is to easily and orderly edit sql table data. Which you may need if you get further into creating your own server. From editing quests to adding items and others.

It will take a few moments and then it should be done. Press any key to continue.

::Step 8::

Edit the host file to connect to your server

Find the host file in "C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc". Go ahead and right click open and select notepad from the list. Add this line to play alone. Or if you are connecting to a server, their respective IP.

127.0.0.1 l2authd.lineage2.com

It can be added at the bottom of whatever you have in there currently, on its own line. Save and exit.

::You have now completed your Lineage 2 Chronicle 4 server::

Have Fun

Source: Ragezone

Guys, i need help plz! I crate the EMU server on my comp, all worked propertly, but i can go to char select, in server list all servers are down...ping 9999. What sould i do :?: Im using the C3 client with update to C4 from lineage2world.com

well maybe i'm noob but what is the last step?how can i open my server and?how can i play in my server?

when i open C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Desktop\server\l2j\gameserver\startGameServer.bat i see this message:

Starting L2J Game Server.

'Java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Admin Restart . . .

i think warmaster your guide is not completed...plz help me

guide is complete.

i believe that you have already started start.bat

try to run it again. if its ok then you ll receive a msg that its already running. if not, then it will start and the phpadmin html screen will popup.

then you execute startlogin.bat and wait for a few secs and when it stops displaying the dos prompts msgs ,

run startgameserver.bat. wait a few secs again, and the server will be up when you see in both dos prompt windows the same msg ... server/ips/up.

hope that helps.

if you have any problems, just copy paste the error msgs here.

btw... have you installed Sun J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 ?i'm asking just to check all possible options :P

FFS you guys if you cant even set up a Fucking JAVA dont run one at all..

It's SO easy... Like everything's ready. You extract a few files and make some restarts on your comp and there ya go. And join the server from another PC which has Lineage 2 C4 Updated officialy. And in l2.ini make sure you've got in the 14th line ServerAddr=127.0.0.1 (if u join from the same PC) or ServerAddr=(Lan ip) (If u join from local network PC).

That's why Maxtor entitled it as Make An L2J C4 Server in 5 mins -.-

That's all :)

P.S. Dont run l2j servers seriously. It's a hole other thing. Just Same animations and textures with lineage II Official. Just for fun/test purposes

etsi 8es? :D

[10:47:16 pµ] \|/petaloudo: 51 04 89 41 08 8D 8C 24 90 01 00 00 E8 08

B0 D8 FF 8D 6B 44 B9 10 00 00 00 8B F0 8B FD F3 A5 8D

[10:47:31 pµ] a8hna poli f: pio ap ta 2

[10:47:37 pµ] \|/petaloudo: ?

[10:47:40 pµ] \|/petaloudo: OLO 1 EINAI

[10:47:55 pµ] \|/petaloudo:

51048941088D8C2490010000E808B0D8FF8D6B44B9100000008BF08B

FDF3A58D8C24

[10:47:58 pµ] \|/petaloudo: afto:/

[10:48:02 pµ] a8hna poli f: ti les re:D

[10:48:04 pµ] a8hna poli f: pas kala?:D

[10:48:06 pµ] \|/petaloudo: :/

[10:48:11 pµ] a8hna poli f: ti kapnizeis?:D

\|/petaloudo: dn yparxei to token oute to protocol sto engine.dll

eipa den kserw na anebazw servers kai rwtaw gia na ma8w

• 3 weeks later...

Will this work for me :?:

I ask because I don't have a static IP (And If my IP changes all the time it will be dificult for others to connect to my server)

Please answer me, thnx