Enchanting- An Unsolved Msytery

MewMew

nice info mewmew, but if there is something that would totally mess up a servers economy and balance would be finding and answer to your questions... therefore i think thats why devs have made so hard this to happen

sptenn, stop the freaking spam.

Now , let's go ontopic. I admire you for trying to solve this mystery but , it just can't be solved. In fact, it's not even a mystery. It is a fact. And that is : Enchanting is based on a randomly generated number. In my opinion there is no way to get 100% enchants always.

man.. come on.. think about what they're saying... I don't understand it too much, but makes sense

if you can tell to the game that your weapon is +1 and will be +2, there's no random.. it's certain enchant...

The point is.. it's possible to make mask on itens?

man.. come on.. think about what they're saying... I don't understand it too much, but makes sense

if you can tell to the game that your weapon is +1 and will be +2, there's no random.. it's certain enchant...

The point is.. it's possible to make mask on itens?

and this is a good question :) so anybody know if there is some possibility of mask your item?

For thouse who don't know how the enchant process is. It is like this:

You call to a friend and tell him to thow a dice. If the result is 1-2-3-4 Success 5-6 Fail. Could you do something to change the result, or to predict the result?

The answer is simple, NO you can't.

So please stop saying this "if you can tell to the game that your weapon is +1 and will be +2, there's no random.. it's certain enchant...".

For thouse who don't know how the enchant process is. It is like this:

You call to a friend and tell him to thow a dice. If the result is 1-2-3-4 Success 5-6 Fail. Could you do something to change the result, or to predict the result?

The answer is simple, NO you can't.

So please stop saying this "if you can tell to the game that your weapon is +1 and will be +2, there's no random.. it's certain enchant...".

1st of all if you call a friend and ask him yo throw a dice you'll never sure that he throws it ;) instead of syaing you what he want :P coz of mood or anything else you can bring with :P

2nd im not saying that you need to hide weapon id:P you need to hide fact that its already enchanted

client (request to enchant itemID) server (have the request) (taking that itemID to compare with db)(sending request for db to show itemID) DB (recive request from server)and this is that place where we need to get to:P... DB (sending itemID info to server)

that info should be masked but its only my conclusion :P

That would be a good idea, but for that you will need to access the server DB. Or to hack the conection between server and DB. And that is very very hard.

If you can enter there, you will be able to change anything not only the enchant level of your weapon.

That would be a good idea, but for that you will need to access the server DB. Or to hack the conection between server and DB. And that is very very hard.

If you can enter there, you will be able to change anything not only the enchant level of your weapon.

yup its hard but it is'nt impossible :D but if you could get acces to db than who cares about masking anything ;) than yuo will just print "insert into.." gheghehe, but about interrupting in connection server<-->db its more than possible coz you dont need to acces to db just change info in packets sended from db to server... or :> what if you can (with some prog offc.) immitate to server that you are db sending info :)... that would be something

hi im new to the forum, but since i started playing l2 some months ago i got fascinated about OE, so since i started i always thought that would be a way, well i tried everything tbh, change weap to a friend, drop, hit npc's enchant while dead, while hitting crits, opening several times the same scroll, using skills, and some more, the fact is, its random, but its not at the same time, well it is for us the "noob" enchanters that hope the next scroll wont blown it to crystals, but the fact is that there is away, i started playing in a server 3 days ago, and what happened was i started playing with guys that i played the server before this one, so they started at the same time has me, and at the same day they had already +16 weaps and top donator weapon, and from what i know its somekind of external program, where did they got it? i dunno, how it works i dont know either, but if someone knows something about it, pls say it cause yeah its possible and i know it, just dont know how :> tks <3 u all for this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Enchant weapon is only luck, I play in Dragonx15 and l2 warrior too. in Dragonx15 my better enchant is Draco bow+12, but when I try to up one enchant more i broke, so.. I leave from DN and search other server, so I find L2 Warrior, now when I start in this server I buy only 1 arcana mace +acumen and I up this to +22 only with lucky.... I up my weapon to +3 safe, and the other enchants I put 1 by one after some time example up to +3 , 5 minutes more, up to +4 .. ... and when finally I up my weapon to +16... I feel scary to up more but well I up again ... I make double click on ews and when I press ok .. I wait some time around 10 minutes , and well press ok and up to +17 ... continue this method and finally weapon +22 , but maybe I have lucky this day or who knows..

Hmm , ppl i maybe found one  :P :P

Go buy enchant scrolls , click it twice (select wep but dont click Enchant !!!) now use /unstuck and let it be to half .

Now when is half of unstuck press ESC and click Enchant  :-X :-X :-X

Try for me works :P

enchanting use standard random() function. Standard random fuction creates a random number by using realtime clock, and it IS NOT really random. Knowing computer realtime clock you can calculate what comes out from the random function. Yeah, that would work, but this theory has some flaws:

- you'd have to know exact realtime clock of the server machine

- you'd have to click on enchant in a exact milisecond

- yes, you can code a script to do that, BUT you can't forget of latency(ping) - there is a small chance that your packet will be delivered exactly on time - your weapon can be broken

Disassembly l2server.exe is not a problem, many people did it to find out there is not really useful way to influence enchanting.

You can make 100% enchanting success, but in laboratory environment only.

I had my +19 sword of valhalla on a 2x low rate server, and I had my ritual when I enchanted it, but it looked more like "shamanism", and I don't think it really influenced my success chance.

P.S. if you did not understand what I'm talking about, don't bother posting answers stating that i am a "n00b", as I am not interested in them - I just shared my opinion. Thank you.