Abnormal effect won't show up on custom mob

Blitzkrieg

Hi, 

I'm working on some custom NPCs and it turns out that abnormal effects such as sleep / bluff etc won't show up on their head, actually they won't show up at all. Chronicle is GF.

By custom I mean either complete gildor export / UE import (I have added a download link of the .ukx sample if anyone wants to check it out) or complete ukx copy paste from chronicles like Tauti to GF.

Its class, animation file (.int) etc all look fine. Effects from normal skills such as Steal Essence etc all work.

Would anyone have an idea where the problem might be? Thanks!

https://easyupload.io/1mnbt9

Hey there, in those cases, you need to add a socket with alias e_bone and attach it to one of the mob's bones, which you're missing:
image.png

You can use these buttons to check what bones the mesh has

image.png

should end up looking something like this:
image.png

Remember to add a small Z offset, or the abnormal effects will be inside of the mob's head. Usually an offset of 20-25 works fine.

Also, when you type Bip01 HeadNub in the BoneName field, you might see that when you press enter it gets saved as Bip01, without HeadNub. To avoid that, type the bone's name in double quotes: "Bip01 HeadNub", then press enter

Also, there's a nice little trick that you can use to not lose any mesh properties (LOD, rotation, location, etc) so you don't need to export > re-import the .psk file whenever you wanna edit something, if you wanna know, send me a DM on Discord

• Upvote 1

What @911reg described is exactly the solution to the problem.

The option "ApplyNewSockets" needs also to be spammed with clicks in order to make the socket actually stick (its status will however always remain as 'false').

Thanks !!

• Like 1

• 911reg locked this topic