English -> Korean client modification

L2JMiracle

I am currently working on adding korean language into classic-eu client(protocol 166). 

I translated sysstring_classic-eu.dat file and it worked. 

But I cant write Korean into chat and Creating Korean character name is impossible.

I modified L2Font-eu.utx file already and localization.ini file as well.

But in game I can read korean in some windows but can't in case like this

444.jpg.8444bdc295ef62c4f763d59e4e3443b9.jpg

Does anyone know why?

No developers in client development section?

or

just sellers waiting offers?

Is client modding so hard that no one gives any clue?

Never mind brothers. Good day to ya all.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 3:15 PM, L2JMiracle said:

or

you nid change the font.. not l2font but the ttf

On 2/9/2023 at 4:15 PM, L2JMiracle said:

or

L2 and MxC is no longer the happy share place that it once was, unfortunately for you.

L2 is a small market with a few people holding all the important knowledge and draining what's left of players from their money. They even managed to turn an MMORPG into some sort of 'season/round' based RPG and players accepted it. You won't find anything new here for free. Not to mention what you're requesting could be charged for more than 200-300 euros.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, An4rchy said:

L2 and MxC is no longer the happy share place that it once was, unfortunately for you.

L2 is a small market with a few people holding all the important knowledge and draining what's left of players from their money. They even managed to turn an MMORPG into some sort of 'season/round' based RPG and players accepted it. You won't find anything new here for free. Not to mention what you're requesting could be charged for more than 200-300 euros.

completly true, i now rarely find myself coming to maxcheaters, nothing to learn, only sellers ,good thing i had the opportunity to learn things in the past 10 years, now 0 chance.
Russian community is much better and i saw some crazy devs that can literally do anything game related, but they charge crazy prices like 250 usd and more for some basic stuff even. 
I guess they are rich , but the game is now 12 years old, so i don`t see how these prices make sense. 
Anyways, no chance to learn or get even a basic pawnviewer nowadays, gl making it your own. You are at the mercy of the few people with knowledge. Modding is dead. (free)

I personally don't offer help when i either don't know what to do (like in this case), or just out of lazyness, as forum topics aren't as flexible as discord channels, where i usually help a lot.

Ever since i became a 'client dev' or whatever you wanna call it, i've wanted to start making some sort of extended documentation dedicated to L2's client shenanigans, but the more i help people out, the more i realize that people have literally ZERO clue about how time consuming/high effort client dev tends to be, and so just trash their learning progress to look for a ready solution instead. That said, i can see why client dev/modding is dead. 99% of people are leechers looking for free shit, and people who actually know what they're doing value their own time and effort so they're not willing to give it away for free. (im not justifying retarded 1000 euro prices tho.)

Edited by 911reg
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2023 at 1:57 PM, 911reg said:

I personally don't offer help when i either don't know what to do (like in this case), or just out of lazyness, as forum topics aren't as flexible as discord channels, where i usually help a lot.

Ever since i became a 'client dev' or whatever you wanna call it, i've wanted to start making some sort of extended documentation dedicated to L2's client shenanigans, but the more i help people out, the more i realize that people have literally ZERO clue about how time consuming/high effort client dev tends to be, and so just trash their learning progress to look for a ready solution instead. That said, i can see why client dev/modding is dead. 99% of people are leechers looking for free shit, and people who actually know what they're doing value their own time and effort so they're not willing to give it away for free. (im not justifying retarded 1000 euro prices tho.)

Totally understood. You are right. I am not denying the time and the effort that you guys have poured in learning and developing yourselves as able devs.

If I am not a learner then I would have bought a ready solution like korean client worked-out (not sure if there is. I have never tried to look for)

Frankly, I have never bought any packs or some stuffs but just been working on a pure pack from l2j by myself.

Actually I am not asking you guys to do everything for me.

I just looked for a clue to solve my problem. (I am a korean and there is no korean community for l2j developing)

I searched this forum for related articles and found some but all the instructions were just from normal users, not devs.

They just shared their thoughts or opinions not apt informations. Namely, I could not get any clue for my problem.

Anyways, I already gave up to mod client due to lack of informations and knowleges.

Have a good day brother.

14 hours ago, L2JMiracle said:

Totally understood. You are right. I am not denying the time and the effort that you guys have poured in learning and developing yourselves as able devs.

If I am not a learner then I would have bought a ready solution like korean client worked-out (not sure if there is. I have never tried to look for)

Frankly, I have never bought any packs or some stuffs but just been working on a pure pack from l2j by myself.

Actually I am not asking you guys to do everything for me.

I just looked for a clue to solve my problem. (I am a korean and there is no korean community for l2j developing)

I searched this forum for related articles and found some but all the instructions were just from normal users, not devs.

They just shared their thoughts or opinions not apt informations. Namely, I could not get any clue for my problem.

Anyways, I already gave up to mod client due to lack of informations and knowleges.

Have a good day brother.

No problem, but if you want further advice on whatever client modifications you might need, you should probably start using Discord. As i said, it's much more flexible than a forum, and your problem will probably be seen by a bunch more people.
Here's NevesOma's client dev discord, people usually help there (including me).
https://discord.gg/U8KyfX6BPM