L2 Moding / How to start?

MrH8

Hello, I got some free time so decided  to try mod lineage 2. I have little expirience in game dev, tryed UE  and unity.

So my questions are :

1) what engine does lineage2 and where to get it?

2) where to get source code?

3) Do I un derstand correctly that i would downlaod lineage2  source open it game engine and I am free to do what i what?

Thaks for answers.

Edited by Vision

4 hours ago, MrH8 said:

Hello, I got some free time so decided  to try mod lineage 2. I have little expirience in game dev, tryed UE  and unity.

So my questions are :

1) what engine does lineage2 and where to get it?

2) where to get source code?

3) Do I un derstand correctly that i would downlaod lineage2  source open it game engine and I am free to do what i what?

Thaks for answers.

Oh boy, you don't wanna get into that, believe me... xD
but either way, depends on what you wanna do specifically, there aren't any "reliable" ways to recompile engine files for the client though, so you can (mostly) just do some minimal edits (interface, effects, skills, animations, meshes, textures, bla bla bla)
https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/SiteMap.html
just take a look at what you want to do and then check if you find some tools to do that

Also, there is no such thing as a "lineage 2 source code"

Edited by 911reg

I guess it would be a good idea to do it if you want to practice for any future projects that don't involve Lineage II, and you want to get into codding,

Now a days the L2J community is based on people from 10 years ago and we don't really like much change, so the servers that you see opening these days, they already perfected what we like so if you notice there's a similar pattern between them regardless of the chronicle.

However, best of luck and I hope you have fun modding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Vision changed the title to L2 Moding / How to start?