Magic Gem Interlude Acis 401 Help

tensador27

Question

hello i found the magic gem code from the source l2jtenkai and i wanted to try it in interlude but i have some problems I don't know how to make it only be used once to avoid spam and if the player moves the npc disappear I leave a video for you to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRpk92UzuLc&feature=youtu.be

Item 

MagicGem.java

package net.sf.l2j.gameserver.handler.itemhandlers;

import net.sf.l2j.A.Instance.InstanceManager;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.data.xml.SummonItemData;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.enums.ZoneId;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.handler.IItemHandler;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.model.actor.Playable;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.model.actor.Player;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.model.holder.IntIntHolder;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.model.item.instance.ItemInstance;
import net.sf.l2j.gameserver.network.SystemMessageId;

public class MagicGem implements IItemHandler {

@Override
    public void useItem(Playable playable, ItemInstance item, boolean forceUse) {
        if (!(playable instanceof Player)) {
            return;
        }

Player player = (Player) playable;

if (player.isSitting())
		{
			player.sendPacket(SystemMessageId.CANT_MOVE_SITTING);
			return;
		}
		if (player.isMoving()) 
		{
			player.sendPacket(SystemMessageId.CANNOT_EXCHANCE_USED_ITEM);
			return;
		}

if (player.isInObserverMode())
			return;

if (player.isAllSkillsDisabled() || player.getCast().isCastingNow())
			return;

final IntIntHolder sitem = SummonItemData.getInstance().getSummonItem(item.getItemId());

if ((player.getSummon() != null || player.isMounted()) && sitem.getValue() > 0)
		{
			player.sendPacket(SystemMessageId.SUMMON_ONLY_ONE);
			return;
		}

if (player.getAttack().isAttackingNow())
		{
			player.sendPacket(SystemMessageId.YOU_CANNOT_SUMMON_IN_COMBAT);
			return;
		}

if (player.getInstanceId() == 0 &&
                !player.isInsideZone(ZoneId.PVP) &&
                (!player.isInsideZone(ZoneId.NO_SUMMON_FRIEND) ||

!player.isInOlympiadMode() &&
                InstanceManager.getInstance().getInstance(player.getObjectId()) == null && player.getPvpFlag() == 0)){

player.spawnServitors();          
            player.sendMessage("You use a Magic Gem.");

} else {

player.sendMessage("You cannot use a Magic Gem right now.");
        }

return;
    }

}

Player.java

public void spawnServitors() {
		_instance = InstanceManager.getInstance().createInstance();
		Spawn servitor;

float angle = Rnd.get(1000);
		int sCount = 4;
		int lifeTime = 60;
		for (int i = 0; i < sCount; i++) {
			servitor = getNpcServitor(i);
			if (servitor != null) {
				servitor.setInstanceId(_instance.getId());
				servitor.setLoc(Math.round(getX() + (float) Math.cos(angle / 1000 * 2 * Math.PI) * 30),
						Math.round(getY() + (float) Math.sin(angle / 1000 * 2 * Math.PI) * 30),
								getZ() + 75, i);
				int heading = (int) Math
						.round(Math.atan2(getY() - servitor.getLocY(), getX() - servitor.getLocX()) / Math.PI * 32768);
				if (heading < 0) {
					heading = 65535 + heading;
				}
				servitor.setHeading(heading);

if (_instance != null) {
						final Npc npc = servitor.doSpawn();
						npc.scheduleDespawn(lifeTime * 1000L);
				}

}
			angle += 1000 / sCount;
		}
	}

// Magic Gem
	private Spawn[] _npcServitors = new Spawn[4];

public Spawn getNpcServitor(int id) {
		if (_npcServitors[id] != null) {
			return _npcServitors[id];
		}
		Spawn spawn = null;

try {
			NpcTemplate tmpl;
			switch (id) {
				case 0:
					tmpl = NpcData.getInstance().getTemplate(7);
					break;
				case 1:
					tmpl = NpcData.getInstance().getTemplate(50006);
					break;
				case 2:
					tmpl = NpcData.getInstance().getTemplate(30080);
					break;
				default:
					tmpl = NpcData.getInstance().getTemplate(30103);
			}
			spawn = new Spawn(tmpl);
		} catch (Exception e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
		_npcServitors[id] = spawn;
		return _npcServitors[id];
	}	

I'd appreciate your help

9 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, An4rchy said:

You want the npcs to disappear after the player moves?

Or make the old npcs disappear when the player uses it again?

the first thing to disappear when the player moves

You need to attach the spawned NPCs to the Player first.

Then, you need to modify the packets MoveToLocation and MoveToPawn. When the packet is called (which means the player requested to move), you need to find those attached NPCs and delete them.

If you need further help let me know.

1 hour ago, An4rchy said:

You need to attach the spawned NPCs to the Player first.

Then, you need to modify the packets MoveToLocation and MoveToPawn. When the packet is called (which means the player requested to move), you need to find those attached NPCs and delete them.

If you need further help let me know.

Is there something in acis to guide me in attaching the npc to the player?

You need to store the Npc that is being created by the Spawn here (or the Spawn itself, same thing):

There's multiple ways to store them, a generic way could be to make a List<Npc> in Player and add the npc that is spawned to the list:

ArrayList<Npc> _gemSpawns = new ArrayList<>();

To add the npc to the list:

_gemSpawns.add(npc);

Then to delete the npcs:

for (Npc npc : _gemSpawns)
{
	Spawn spawn = npc.getSpawn();
	if (spawn != null)
	{
		spawn.setRespawnState(false);
		SpawnTable.getInstance().deleteSpawn(spawn, true);
	}
	npc.deleteMe();
}
_gemSpawns.clear();

HOWEVER, as I see in your code, there is a delete being scheduled for these npcs already. So you might run into NPE if you don't cancel the task to delete the npcs when the player moves. I don't know what the context of scheduleDespawn() is to help you out with that.

GL.

Edited by An4rchy
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, An4rchy said:

You need to store the Npc that is being created by the Spawn here (or the Spawn itself, same thing):

There's multiple ways to store them, a generic way could be to make a List<Npc> in Player and add the npc that is spawned to the list:

ArrayList<Npc> _gemSpawns = new ArrayList<>();

To add the npc to the list:

_gemSpawns.add(npc);

Then to delete the npcs:

for (Npc npc : _gemSpawns)
{
	Spawn spawn = npc.getSpawn();
	if (spawn != null)
	{
		spawn.setRespawnState(false);
		SpawnTable.getInstance().deleteSpawn(spawn, true);
	}
	npc.deleteMe();
}
_gemSpawns.clear();

HOWEVER, as I see in your code, there is a delete being scheduled for these npcs already. So you might run into NPE if you don't cancel the task to delete the npcs when the player moves. I don't know what the context of scheduleDespawn() is to help you out with that.

GL.

Thanks for the help I will try to do it and now it is only that after 60 seconds the npc will be deleted by themselves

3 minutes ago, tensador27 said:

Thanks for the help I will try to do it and now it is only that after 60 seconds the npc will be deleted by themselves

You need to cancel this task when the player moves as well in order go avoid getting NPE (error). Save the Future locally and use Future.cancel() when you despawn the npcs on player movement.

For the automatic despawn :

When you create the Spawn and once you spawned the Npc, you can define the despawn delay with npc.scheduleDespawn(despawnDelay); (which will generate a despawn task, there is no way to cancel it since it's not tracked)

----

For the move part :

You have to keep either a Spawn or Npc List/Set in Player, as suggested Anarchy.

If you want a guaranteed disappear on any type of move (even during a move), you have to write your disappear content on PlayerMove#updatePosition. Simply write a !_actor.getWhateverSpawns().isEmpty() check, for loop your list and despawn NPCs.

Be sure to use a concurrent list/set (prefer ConcurrentHashMap.newKeySet over CopyOnWriteArrayList due to performance), and not an arraylist (to avoid CME, which probably will occur if you decide to use item while moving).

-----

You also probably want to delete "old" Npcs before summoning new ones. Use same content than your PlayerMove#updatePosition check in the item handler before #spawnServitors call, to avoid to get billions of random NPCs.

Edited by Tryskell

On 6/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, Tryskell said:

For the automatic despawn :

When you create the Spawn and once you spawned the Npc, you can define the despawn delay with npc.scheduleDespawn(despawnDelay); (which will generate a despawn task, there is no way to cancel it since it's not tracked)

----

For the move part :

You have to keep either a Spawn or Npc List/Set in Player, as suggested Anarchy.

If you want a guaranteed disappear on any type of move (even during a move), you have to write your disappear content on PlayerMove#updatePosition. Simply write a !_actor.getWhateverSpawns().isEmpty() check, for loop your list and despawn NPCs.

Be sure to use a concurrent list/set (prefer ConcurrentHashMap.newKeySet over CopyOnWriteArrayList due to performance), and not an arraylist (to avoid CME, which probably will occur if you decide to use item while moving).

-----

You also probably want to delete "old" Npcs before summoning new ones. Use same content than your PlayerMove#updatePosition check in the item handler before #spawnServitors call, to avoid to get billions of random NPCs.

hello, sorry, the nuisance, I managed to make the npc only see the one who calls them and that they disappear 60 seconds after using the item, I also made it so that they cannot spam the item but I can't get the npc to be automatically deleted when moving the player because I don't know where the player's movement is

this is how spawnservitors is

public void spawnServitors()
	{
		/** The _player. */
		final L2PcInstance _player;
		_player = L2PcInstance.this;

InstanceManager.getInstance().createInstance(getObjectId());
		L2Spawn servitor;
		float angle = Rnd.get(1000);
		int sCount = 4;

for (int i = 0; i < sCount; i++)
		{
			final L2Spawn npc = servitor = getNpcServitor(i);
			if (servitor != null)
			{
				servitor.setInstanceId(getObjectId());
				_player.setInstanceId(_player.getObjectId());
				_player.getAppearance().setInvisible();
				servitor.setLocx(Math.round(getX() + (float) Math.cos(angle / 1000 * 2 * Math.PI) * 30));
				servitor.setLocy(Math.round(getY() + (float) Math.sin(angle / 1000 * 2 * Math.PI) * 65));
				servitor.setLocz(getZ());
				int heading = (int) Math.round(Math.atan2(getY() - servitor.getLocy(), getX() - servitor.getLocx()) / Math.PI * 32768);
				if (heading < 0)
				{
					heading = 65535 + heading;
				}
				servitor.setHeading(heading);

if (InstanceManager.getInstance().getInstance(getObjectId()) != null)
				{
					servitor.doSpawn();
					ThreadPoolManager.getInstance().scheduleGeneral(() -> npc.getLastSpawn().decayMe(), 60000);
				}

if (_player.isMoving() || !isInsideRadius(_player, Config.NPC_MAGIC_GEM_RADIUS, false, false))
				{
					ThreadPoolManager.getInstance().scheduleGeneral(() -> npc.getLastSpawn().decayMe(), 1000);
					_player.setInstanceId(0);
				}
			}
			angle += 1000 / sCount;
		}
	}

and this is the part of the item

if (!player.getFloodProtectors().getMagicGem().tryPerformAction("Magic Gem"))
		{
			return;
		}

if (!GrandBossManager.getInstance().checkIfInZone(null, player) && player.getInstanceId() == 0 && !player.isInsideZone(ZoneId.ZONE_PVP) && (!player.isInsideZone(ZoneId.ZONE_NOSUMMONFRIEND) || !player.isInsideZone(ZoneId.ZONE_TOWN)) && !player.isInOlympiadMode()
			&& !AttackStanceTaskManager.getInstance().getAttackStanceTask(player) && InstanceManager.getInstance().getInstance(player.getObjectId()) == null && player.getPvpFlag() == 0)
		{

player.spawnServitors();

player.sendMessage("You use a Magic Gem.");

ThreadPoolManager.getInstance().scheduleGeneral(new Runnable()
			{
				@Override
				public void run()
				{
					player.setInstanceId(0);
					player.getAppearance().setVisible();
				}
			}, 59000);
		}
		else
		{
			player.sendMessage("You cannot use a Magic Gem right now.");