Attributes on weapons on Interlude as content update

Attributes on weapons on Interlude client/server as a content update  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like weapon attributes as an update on an interlude server ?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, YeahThePro said:

I have the latest client patch downloaded but i haven't applied it to my files tbh. I'm not sure what is different about it so I haven't tried it yet despite having it for years. A romanian friend of mine had posted it many years ago (Outlaw. You might know him). 

I'm pretty sure, though, that what's most important, is editing skillgrp with the most basic fileedit (given the fact you're using retail client files and not some crazy fps-hungry interfaces and fire.dll/nosleep.dll). There's many tricks you can do, make the animation of AOE skills last 1/3 of the time or less, or delete them all together. It's important to delete spiritshots from soulshot.int file. Soulshots in my experience are not a problem, because 90%+ of the classes in mass pvp are mages/bps/ols.

I managed to do that and a lot more about 10 years ago when I used to care about Interlude. I remember I’ve even modified files to help with client startup and textures loading - I’ll try to find it and send it to you on Discord; believe it or not improvements can be made on server side as well; lots of packets that are wrongly handled, and that is not all - L2J is really stupid when it comes to that.

Edited by Trance

1 hour ago, Trance said:

I managed to do that and a lot more about 10 years ago when I used to care about Interlude. I remember I’ve even modified files to help with client startup and textures loading - I’ll try to find it and send it to you on Discord; believe it or not improvements can be made on server side as well; lots of packets that are wrongly handled, and that is not all - L2J is really stupid when it comes to that.

I know, and improvements have been made since back then. Acis has come a long way itself for example. I've played on old acis revs and it was literally unplayable from every aspect. But you can't compare rev 200-300 to 400+. Especially my pack which uses latest acis as base. As I've said before, closed beta is online atm so if people want to test stuff they can msg me for access and see for themselves.

8 hours ago, Trance said:

lots of packets that are wrongly handled, and that is not all - L2J is really stupid when it comes to that.

I couldn't agree more. As you know, I've been changing aCis packets for 110 protocol and it's been a nightmare debugging some server packets. For example when a player uses an equippable item, 3 UserInfo are sent in 0.1 second xD The problem though is, you can't simply remove the sendPacket(new UserInfo(player)) because it's being called by methods that are used somewhere else as well, so you either have to add a ton of variables to make checks and things get really messy, or basically rewrite the whole function.

48 minutes ago, An4rchy said:

I couldn't agree more. As you know, I've been changing aCis packets for 110 protocol and it's been a nightmare debugging some server packets. For example when a player uses an equippable item, 3 UserInfo are sent in 0.1 second xD The problem though is, you can't simply remove the sendPacket(new UserInfo(player)) because it's being called by methods that are used somewhere else as well, so you either have to add a ton of variables to make checks and things get really messy, or basically rewrite the whole function.

I got a TODO for this one on my Issues board since 2020 (UserInfo/CharInfo handling in a more universal way).

While it would be a good optimization (for L2J in general) I don't see why it is actually a "nightmare" for you - until post H5 clients react differently, because L2J got that "problem" on many other aspects.

I would be interested by committing it, so eventually reach me on Discord to speak about it (I could debug / speak about the concept). Otherwise, wait. 😄

13 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

I got a TODO for this one on my Issues board since 2020 (UserInfo/CharInfo handling in a more universal way).

While it would be a good optimization (for L2J in general) I don't see why it is actually a "nightmare" for you - until post H5 clients react differently, because L2J got that "problem" on many other aspects.

I would be interested by committing it, so eventually reach me on Discord to speak about it (I could debug / speak about the concept). Otherwise, wait. 😄

UserInfo and CharInfo are one issue, InventoryUpdate and ItemList is another.

No, UserInfo isn't a nightmare because it doesn't cause any bugs in-game even if you spam it, however there's other things that cause visual bugs. For example, in 110 if you send InventoryUpdate when a player equips an earring/ring before you send ExUserInfoEquipSlot (it's a new packet that shows equipment for the player), the InventoryUpdate packet has no effect. It took me around 2-3 hours of debugging to figure out what's going on with these packets and to properly fix it (I could just send an extra ExUserInfoEquipSlot before anything else, but that's not a proper solution).

Even if some packets don't cause you trouble, I know they can overload the client in some cases. For example in L2Reborn, when we had 150 vs 150 fights there were many networking issues, and I bet it's because of packet spamming. (1 player out of 300, has to receive 299 CharInfo, not mentioning all other skill packet, social action, npc, effect, pt packets etc etc, imagine sending 3 CharInfo per character every single action).

I will add you on Discord as I will be using aCis a lot, I've already started reporting minor things in your forum 😄

Edited by An4rchy

5 hours ago, An4rchy said:

Flight Recorder is such a powerful tool. It helped me record the biggest fights I had during my L2Gold S02 *March, 2021*, when one of the top dedicated servers couldn’t even handle real 1k players before the optimizations.