Edit/Mute specific L2 sounds

gedwu8

1 hour ago, gedwu8 said:

Is it possible way to mute specific L2 sounds or replace the original audio with new "silent audio"? Or muting every l2 sound except raid boss spawn sound

which sound do you want to remove exactly? shouldn't be hard, you just need to import a silent .wav fine into your .usx files

16 hours ago, 911reg said:

which sound do you want to remove exactly? shouldn't be hard, you just need to import a silent .wav fine into your .usx files

I would like to make silent souns of mobs near queen ant spawn point and also of mobs in core room. If possible, I would like to increase volume of raid boss spawn sfx sound or even change to some ringtone. What free software you reccomend?

Already found some audios responsible for ants sfx sounds

ant sounds.jpg

8 hours ago, gedwu8 said:

I would like to make silent souns of mobs near queen ant spawn point and also of mobs in core room. If possible, I would like to increase volume of raid boss spawn sfx sound or even change to some ringtone. What free software you reccomend?

Already found some audios responsible for ants sfx sounds

ant sounds.jpg

You can use these two to open/import/encrypt the files, you'd just need to extract the sounds with UTPT or whatever in order to edit them with audacity or whatever, then re-import them

2 hours ago, 911reg said:

it's not really necessary to rebuild the entire npc(s) though, at least for what he wants to do, just working on .usx is an easier solution in this case

This is not a perfect solution because in Lineage 2 many sounds are interchangeable. Many monsters use sounds from other monsters and it is possible that if he muffles one sound then another monster will also lose it.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, gedwu8 said:

Is it possible way to mute specific L2 sounds or replace the original audio with new "silent audio"? Or muting every l2 sound except raid boss spawn sound

I think almost everybody turn Lineage audio off and turn own music on, especially streamers. You souldn't worry about this topic.

54 minutes ago, NevesOma said:

This is not a perfect solution because in Lineage 2 many sounds are interchangeable. Many monsters use sounds from other monsters and it is possible that if he muffles one sound then another monster will also lose it.

I dont care that much about loosing some sounds. Anyway, I playe with muted sound all the time. And I want to mute some specific sounds only then I camp some raid bosses.  Raid-Boss-Spawn sound effect will paly, but other sounds like mobs walking or making noise will be silent. Very easy, you dont have to look at second monitor all the time

13 minutes ago, gedwu8 said:

I dont care that much about loosing some sounds. Anyway, I playe with muted sound all the time. And I want to mute some specific sounds only then I camp some raid bosses.  Raid-Boss-Spawn sound effect will paly, but other sounds like mobs walking or making noise will be silent. Very easy, you dont have to look at second monitor all the time

Let's say if you want to do it in a well and right way then you need to edit the retail files or create a new monster and manually adjust the sounds there.

Or you can just edit the sounds replacing them with empty ones (easy option).

1 hour ago, NevesOma said:

Yup, indeed, a good solution would be to change that directly in the mob's AnimNotifies, but since he specifically explained that he wanted those sounds to be muted, and that he doesn't care about other sounds, i just offered this simple solution

13 minutes ago, NevesOma said:

cuz i doubt he wants to learn how to set up an unrealed to work properly with animated meshes, notifies and stuff 😛

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NevesOma said:

yes, yes, this option is for me. Also I could replace raid-boss-spawn sfx sound with some loud ringtone 😄 So, what would be advice, what software to use to edit .uax files

3 minutes ago, gedwu8 said:

yes, yes, this option is for me. Also I could replace raid-boss-spawn sfx sound with some loud ringtone 😄 So, what would be advice, what software to use to edit .uax files

actually as I understood, I dont need to edit anything , just to find the rights files and import new ones to replace them

23 hours ago, 911reg said:

You can use these two to open/import/encrypt the files, you'd just need to extract the sounds with UTPT or whatever in order to edit them with audacity or whatever, then re-import them

51 minutes ago, gedwu8 said:

So, what would be advice, what software to use to edit .uax files

just use these two, open MonSound.uax with L2Editor, change the sounds you wanna change, save and replace MonSound.uax, and then encrypt it with mxcencdec, then you're ready to go

• Upvote 1

Still struggling to find which   .uax  file contains raid boss spawn sound. Also, is it possible to find which sounds mob has by his name?

Edited by gedwu8
grama