How to change character start location?

darta

Hello,
How can i change the start location of create character? I renamed a map to lobby02.unr , it shows that map but i cannot find where the client choses start location for each race? 

2 hours ago, darta said:

Hello,
How can i change the start location of create character? I renamed a map to lobby02.unr , it shows that map but i cannot find where the client choses start location for each race? 

You mean about poses location like in my lobby ( example )?

1 hour ago, Seamless said:

I think its not client side rather server side. Check your source. 

she wants to change the window where u put face-hairstyle on your character, not in-game spawning point. and yes, its client side

On 12/27/2021 at 11:05 PM, aLzhite said:

she wants to change the window where u put face-hairstyle on your character, not in-game spawning point. and yes, its client side

Exactly.
I  tried to change in charcreategrp.dat but that controls only where the character is spawned i think, not the location where the create character (when you click create character) is shown.

I renamed a map to lobby02, ( even tried with hi5 lobby) , but it shows only 1 generic point...

basically, what in client side controls the location for each race at new character creation?

On 12/27/2021 at 10:49 PM, NevesOma said:

You mean about poses location like in my lobby ( example )?

yes, when you click new character, a custom location is shown, i want to put custom location for each races to appear in a zone i want ( i believe it must be lobby02 though 

Edited by darta

40 minutes ago, darta said:

Exactly.
I  tried to change in charcreategrp.dat but that controls only where the character is spawned i think, not the location where the create character (when you click create character) is shown.

I renamed a map to lobby02, ( even tried with hi5 lobby) , but it shows only 1 generic point...

basically, what in client side controls the location for each race at new character creation?

yes, when you click new character, a custom location is shown, i want to put custom location for each races to appear in a zone i want ( i believe it must be lobby02 though 

You need to edit the map itself for this too ( to add special view points to each race, to the face, and so on ) + you need to add the coordinates of each of these races and gender to the dat ( for example logongrp ).

this is what i do not understand,

the coordinates in logongrp.dat send me to map location 24_10, has nothing to do andnothing there as  with lobby02 which is where the visual map is for character creation... 

logongrp is not for character creation, but the character selection screen as i see.. 

anyways, you are right ofc, you need to create specific character creation map i guess,  action camera probably is responsable for this...

client side dat only tells you where the character to be put, map tells client where the location is...

each map has a default start location (i cant find which and no is not playerstart as far as i see) 

Edited by darta

Lobby01 - is main login screen
Lobby02 - is logongrp.dat  and charcreategrp.dat
if you can open your lobby02 in map editor you can check "dot"  you needed.
but.. 1st of all.. is your Lobby02 contents camera to display characters like default lobby do?
for example.. if you are add 25_21 and rename into lobby02 it will be wrong solution.
image.png
Everything here is Client side. 

Edited by Ehoq

hi, ehoq

yes, i simply tried to rename a map to lobby02 and it showed that maps location (dont know why that exact location) , but characters were missing. 

camera is responsable with the display of character?

So basically you must remake an entire map for this, you cannot just add a coordinate to show the level you wish at character select...damn

basically i need in lobby02 cameras , right? meaning one must remake a custom map , which destroys lights which makes everything useless... i tought modifying in l2pe some coordinates would be enough

8f4fbe9fd67bca1dc614e590ba4401b0.png

Holy shit, u managed to change interface ui gfx flashes?

Edited by darta

Just now, darta said:

hi, ehoq

yes, i simply tried to rename a map to lobby02 and it showed that maps location (dont know why that exact location) , but characters were missing. 

camera is responsable with the display of character?

basically i need in lobby02 cameras , right?

Holy shit, u managed to change interface ui gfx flashes?

based on new concept but no.. is not ugx. 
and yes. you need lobby02 maps only.
atleast u need lobby02's cameras 😄
u can take any lobby02, open it map editor and edit manualy.. add statics..effects etc.. 

yeah. 
image.png

you have to move any object to "dot" you looking for 
image.png

as you can see i move light then press on properties and take a look on location, then you have to add coordinates into charcreate.grp

• Like 1