Quick question on setting up a server

illluz

Question

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, illluz said:

Hello everyone,
                          could you please let me know how long would it take to set up a (nice) server?Wanna know if it is worth a try.

Your real question is "I want open a server, how much it cost?"

Because opening a server is 15 minute work.  You need money to support and add codes. Empty server is useless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kara said:

okay, so how much would it cost?Also,is it worth it in terms of earning some money?I mean, is is worth to spend your time on this for making some bucks ?

It always depends on what u want and which root u will follow.

PTS files -  from advext 345usd for C6 - 575usd for GF and later.

Features - since  PTS is harder to modify u will have to pay for a programmer or buy from advext the super expensive addons or it will be free if u know how to code yourself.

Machine - depends what company or if homebased u need a good machine with large amount of RAM the more the better + 100mbps internet

Website - if u are familiar with editing u can make it free, u only pay for hosting + domain.

Ddos protection - depends on company.

If you are not familiar with all that 1500usd++ in the water.

If its profitable? Well again it depends from the amount of time u will risk to stay open &  if u succeed getting 1k-2k players daily then i guess u will make some bucks, minimal donates monthly are the best option p2w will die fast.

Its an investment and with every investment comes the risk and you should be able to afford to lose it before investing on it.

Edited by MK Arigato

From the sound of it, you have absolutely 0 clue what a Lineage 2 server requires. Why don't you just download a free pack from L2j and look around before you actually think about sinking money into this? @illluz

1. First of all.. go and download any freeshared project and try to launch it.
success? 
2. Now give your patch to some friends and let em join yours. 
3. Try to undestand whats is going and try do not delete be4 you solve your problems. 
SERVER IS ALMOST READY!
P.S. 4. even you if you made all 3 steps on top, thats do not cancel @MK Arigato post.
YOU ARE WELCOME ! AND LET THE KALA'S LIGHT GUIDE YOU!

Edited by Ehoq
  • Like 1