Best dedicated server specs

On 6/22/2020 at 10:25 AM, Zake said:

When it comes to connection, 100mb are fine for way too more than 200, but you have to make sure it's not a shared connection and it's ddos protected. As for ram/ssd you can even run on ddr3/sata ssds, there is not a big deal (almost every company provides ddr4, or even nvme m2 disks if you need so). As for the cpu, you have to make sure that your server is not a cpu killing machine. I don't know what kind of heavy tasks your fork has so i can't help you further at this moment unless you have some cpu in mind and you can provide more information about your pack's features.

If i can ask about your suggestion for that

- 1000-2000 online without any lag

- PTS Interlude Remastered

- SmartGuard

My preferences for now are going for CloudFlare and HyperFilter, but i really dont know how much resources i will need.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:56 AM, kage said:

If i can ask about your suggestion for that

- 1000-2000 online without any lag

- PTS Interlude Remastered

- SmartGuard

My preferences for now are going for CloudFlare and HyperFilter, but i really dont know how much resources i will need.

Thanks

Hello. I opted for CloudFlare and HyperFilter too. They're solid choices for managing traffic and keeping things secure. For resources, it depends on your player activity and server setup. I found that going with a robust offshore hosting provider like https://zynoo.com/ helped handle spikes in traffic without a hitch. Their support team was spot-on when I needed advice on scaling up resources.

I used to run 400-600 players on a hetzner athlon  server with 2gb ram back in the day and  i used some really shitty scripts like rin4's buffer with memory leaks. Im only going to take seriously anyone that actually runs a server with these numbers when they tell you a vps isnt enough. The average vps CPU today is way better than an athlon from the late 2000s.

Try first with a decent vps and if you see it cant handle things have a plan to swap into a dedicated if you have to.

Edited by Porthos