Movement Bug

BloOdDiamOnD

Question

Hi i am using fandc - mythras source and currently i have this movement bug issue

- i have geodata installed

- i tried to disable geodata but i still have the same issue

When i click somewhere to move for example i am getting camera relocation and backstep movements 

Also when i try to hit  a mob it stops on the first hit 

Here is a video explaining the issue! 

Edited by BloOdDiamOnD

8 answers to this question

I can't tell you why it happens specifically on your own sources, since I got no available sources and no will to work on movement, but I can tell you why it happens : ValidatePosition sends you packet because the desync between client and server positions becomes too big.

About why desync becomes too big, I can't help you, and you probably won't get any answer in those forums until you accept to pay a talented developer to handle it.

On aCis, with the big emphasis about movement rework, some visual tools have been added in order to track such thing.

Shot00097.jpg

Edited by Tryskell
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If during the movement of the character he is periodically thrown back, then this means that there is a lot of desynchronization between the client and server speeds.

Now you knows the reason. Now try to fix it. Assume, what next question will "where i can find this problem place".

@Tryskell @Rootware

No unfortunately i checked and changed the whole validate posititon code , tried the l2j's one, mobius one also but still nothing , this issue is very strange 

What could be another possibility for this?

Edited by BloOdDiamOnD

9 minutes ago, BloOdDiamOnD said:

@Tryskell @Rootware

No unfortunately i checked and changed the whole validate posititon code , tried the l2j's one, mobius one also but still nothing , this issue is very strange 

I told you, it's not about ValidatePosition. It's about how different your server<>client position desync is.

Since client position is, by default, not editable (and I don't speak about L2PHX and craftable thing), it means you got issues server side.

On the image I transfered, you can see green dots being client side location. If those points are too far from red, which is actual server side, then a "teleport" occurs to set back the Player on the track.

Edited by Tryskell

59 minutes ago, BloOdDiamOnD said:

@Tryskell @Rootware

At first try compare speeds what uses server and what was sent to client in CharInfo packet. After check movement task.

Ok solved, pack has nothing to do with  it after all it was Server related (hosted in france with high ping) 

I tried several packs on the domain server and still had the same issue.

I have tried the files on other pcs and works perfectly now.

lock it.