DDoS Protection Layer 4 & 7

Hi everyone,

Since 2014 until now, I've been working for different companies as AVIT officer. Networking, audio visual - satellite connectivity, distribution, etc.

I'd like to help the server owners that are struggling with DDoS. Most of attackers are brainless monkeys trying to make money. If you're buying a Dedicated Server at OVH, I can take care of everything - Setting up the firewall and all of that, and the OS.

I'm trying to focus on Windows Servers - I know it's tricky and challenging - but that's the point.

As about Linux - I'd prefer CentOS 8.

However, there is no guarantee that you'll be 100% protected, but what I can guarantee is, I'll do my best with the resources provided.

This isn't about money. If I know you and you're a cool dude, I'll most likely help you for free. I don't sell a product - I offer my services.  I'd like to have the right to choose the people I want to work with.

Edited by Trance
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

Very kind of you OP, it is true that OVH servers are vulnerable to some L4 attacks mostly and this is the main reason why I stopped using them a few years ago (iptables did not really help) and moved to more expensive but almost 100% reliable hosting companies. I wish you good luck with your services!

23 hours ago, Frank said:

Very kind of you OP, it is true that OVH servers are vulnerable to some L4 attacks mostly and this is the main reason why I stopped using them a few years ago (iptables did not really help) and moved to more expensive but almost 100% reliable hosting companies. I wish you good luck with your services!

Thanks. I want to help projects that are serious.

Edited by Trance

I will assist people, one by one, not all at once.

We will only use Discord as it's my favorite and always displayed on one of my monitors.

I can also teach you if you are interested - how DDoS attack works, what (and why) are we going to do to prevent/block it.

Trance#5043

Edited by Trance

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 1:33 PM, Trance said:

I will assist people, one by one, not all at once.

We will only use Discord as it's my favorite and always displayed on one of my monitors.

I can also teach you if you are interested - how DDoS attack works, what (and why) are we going to do to prevent/block it.

Trance#5043

I've pmed you.

FREEMIUM

This DDoS service I provide haven't started as a business, but I gotta charge the people I never had an interaction with, I hope you understand that. However, tips are welcome.

I'll try to answer some of the questions in advance.

GAME SERVER TYPES

I'm glad to say that, so far, so good. GTA5 servers were the most challenging so far, but we did it - the server owner and I. And of course, Lineage II in both scenarios - preventing and stopping attacks. 

TIME

Some servers may require my attention for only a few hours, some for days if your server is already live and under attack, or even a migration to a new hosting company that I have to fully setup and do the needed tests. We start by using what you currently have and see how can we stop the attacks and then we move forward if needed.

HOSTING COMPANY

I will take care of the Firewall setup and all rules the hosting company provides. I'll setup it as good as possible as per server's needs.

OPERATION SYSTEM

As I mentioned in my main thread, I'm currently focusing on Windows Server because it's the most challenging, and this is just the beginning. This is where we need to pay extra attention because most of Layer 7 are bypassing company's firewall - seen as normal traffic.

LAYER 7 IS SERIOUS

If the OS is not setup well enough and all the security measures are not being taken care of - your database can get damaged, some files may get corrupted. We need all resources of the OS to only handle the server and its traffic, it can't help the server if it can't help itself to begin with. Then, I'll move on the networking setup of the OS.

MY DEDICATION

This is very important. I won't only setup a few things and leave you on your own. I'll try to be around for a while when you need me, especially if you have an opening date coming up - I'll try to make myself available for that day. Do not abuse my kindness though.

NO PROTECTION IS 100%

You know what I mean. Even the giant companies are struggling sometimes. What about us?

We always have to work our way around it. You never know what target you got on your back.

ONE BY ONE

This is not one-software installation kind of thing. I have to focus on one server at a time. 

Edited by Trance
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Trance locked this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Trance unlocked and locked this topic