About L2 Activity nowadays

After a long hiatus, I am wondering if the l2 community is still alive and if there is interest for any kind of server.

Since now I have the time,I could get my hands on something to create a server just to relive some old days.

So is the community interested in any client of any kind of server?

3 hours ago, Aaron85 said:

Who are you? What server you had before?

Never opened something big cuz I didn't have the time to maintain anything nor the money to keep it up,despite working on some stuff

i think you just got your answer in the first reply to the topic :D 

players only really care about names, if you got a name (even if you stole it) then you'll pull players but even still, not likely to get a server to last beyond 1-2 months, 3 if you're really lucky and some other big name doesn't launch in that time

"community" now consists of clans/streamers who get paid to play on servers and the peons who follow them, servers live and die based on which people they've allocated their "advertising" budget to.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 3/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, Anarchy said:

players only really care about names, if you got a name (even if you stole it) then you'll pull players but even still, not likely to get a server to last beyond 1-2 months, 3 if you're really lucky and some other big name doesn't launch in that time

"community" now consists of clans/streamers who get paid to play on servers and the peons who follow them, servers live and die based on which people they've allocated their "advertising" budget to.

gamecoast?

• 4 weeks later...

1. Make some activity on the server. At least, to enable basic economy/trading.
Have some NPC-buffers in cities [to have decent buff, at least].
Maybe, also to add some 'friend-bots', - real players will be able to create farm parties - for raids, events.

And generally, if you want good server, - at least you should like it yourself, as regular player should.

2. To have Devs with skills and understanding the core things of L2 in team. Maybe, Players with experience, who know well their classes and skills. To check how this work in parties. Server w/o working sources - is not option, but waste of time.

3. The main problem of L2 - is community. New players simply don't know about the game. Today, they are downloading and installing other games. And we cannot advertise this product - simply because we not own the trademarks. So, one day, it will be much more practical - to run a new game, having best features of L2 inside, but independent and based on new graphical engine, than trying to reverse-engineer ancient stuff in a free time.

Most of the players are paid clans and adena sellers garbage who know nothing about the game and don't give a shit about it. The only thing that matters for them is money. There are some true players who still want to just play the game but <100 of them at most worldwide I guess.

On 3/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, Anarchy said:

True story!

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 7:16 AM, Xtellia said:

Most of the players are paid clans and adena sellers garbage who know nothing about the game and don't give a shit about it. The only thing that matters for them is money. There are some true players who still want to just play the game but <100 of them at most worldwide I guess.

So sad, but so true. I agree 100%