Cant install buffer on l2 aCis

Maximotatos1

Question

I recently changed my pack into aCis and i have huge problem understanding how can i add a npc into my server.I have already tried to install  3 buffers but i always get the message ''applicant is incorrect''.I have to say that i use clean sources and i have seen all tutorials here on forum but nothing has worked for me.

My steps are->1.Create new class.java through eclipse in instance folder and compile.

2.Create 1-999.hml file in data/hml/npcs and put there the hml of my buffer with id:10

3.Create folder named buffer in data/html and put there the html that i have downloaded

4.Compile again

I have checked through eclipse to avoid any syntax errors and i have matched all files.

Is there anything else i have to do?Thanks for your time. 

7 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Maximotatos1 said:

I know that.I want to learn how can i add a new npc in aCis!!!

This could give you an idea: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VSuMaBXSsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8xlfO3r2co

But i recommend you visit L2jaCis forum and you might find some updated tutorial. 

Edited by Reynald0

Thanks all for your time.I did exactly what Rootware said above and i set the new instance(l2BuffInstance) to Tryskell Crappy buffer.I also edited a bit the html and i have a completely new buffer.

So my problem is clearely in data/hml/npcs.Something is wrong with that!

I cant spawn the new npcs that i create!

The problem was that i should edit   

<ai type="default"      to       <ai type="DEFAULT"

into npc folder!

Thanks all for your help!You can lock it!

Generally for a new NPC you simply copy-paste the template you want to clone, associate it a new name, title and id (keep it in the range of Tryskell NPC, that xml is only here for customs), insert idTemplate as visual NPC id you want to clone,  and then you put following tags to override client name/title.

<set name="usingServerSideName" val="true"/>
		<set name="usingServerSideTitle" val="true"/>

About HTM, you simply need to override getHtmlPath to link to correct HTM folder.

Both Tryskell and Andromeda custom NPCs are a good start to see how to implement a custom NPC.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Like 1