[L2OFF] L2-Firebird

Kushy

We went live on Friday, September 25th 2015 as Chronicle 1, currently is Chronicle 4 (6-Sept-2020)

L2-Firebird.com

Discord

Server Rates

x1 on everything

Before joining please read the server rules:

http://www.l2-firebird.com/story/rules/index/en.php?sessionid=lurker

MORE INFO:

The server is available almost 24/7, except for maintenance or the weekly restart each Tuesday at 8 AM.

We are not writing here any technical data about the server hardware like other freeshards because we think that the underlying hardware is uninteresting for the players.
We want to tell you some core facts about this project.

We love Lineage II and so we decided to bring back the good old times.
Internally we were working on this since 2012 but because of some major drawbacks we were unable to launch.

On September 9th 2015 we finally took a huge step forward with solving a major issue from 2012.
Just a few days later we decided to go public with this project and started to prepare for launch.

We keep this server at low rates to stay as retail as possible.
We know that playing Lineage II with this rates is very time-consuming, but consider this:
Just take your time and have fun playing. As mentioned in rule �1 this project is free and will remain free.
We see this as a long-term project so we are not planning to wipe the database.

We were running chronicle 1 from September 25th 2015 to April 30th 2017.
During it's lifetime we were continuously patching the server up to version 1.0.4.1.

First developments for chronicle 2 started around June 2016 with a basically working, but very incomplete version in August 2016.
Progress slowed down after August 2016 because of critial errors which led to development stop end of September 2016.

We restarted the development of chronicle two in November 2016 and could fix major issues in December 2016.
We finally reached a stable state of chronicle 2 in January 2017.

During our internal tests we continued fixing errors until the launch of the chronicle 2 server on May 1st 2017.
Of course, no data, chars or items were lost during the upgrade.
We also changed our forum software as well as the color of our website to have a visible difference to the previous chronicle.

Chronicle 2 was active from May, 1st 2017 8 PM to January, 5th 2019 8 AM local time.
The server was patched up to version 2.0.3.4 in that time.

First very early developments for C3 have been made parallel to the development of C2.
In early October 2018 the development of C3 was made public on the website.
Since our C3 server shares the same codebase as C2 we could conclude the development on November 27th 2018.

Generating geodata took a whole month and was partly automatized.
During the development of C2 we generated the geodata completely manually which took us around three months.

Chronicle 3 was active from January, 5th 2019 8 PM to September, 4th 2020 8 AM local time.
The server was patched up to version 3.0.1.7 in that time.

Early development for C4 started in parallel to the development of C3.
In early June 2020 the development of C4 was announced on our website.
Just like in C2 and C3, our C4 server shares the same codebase as the previous chronicle.
The development of C4 concluded on March 27th 2020 followed by fixing and adjusting data till launch.

We could optimize the generation of geodata as well as use parts of the C3 geodata,
so that step didn't nearly take as much time as before.

We finally launched C4 on Saturday, September 5th 2020 at 8 PM local time.
Of course no items, accounts or characters were lost during the upgrade.

The server is still writing his story as time passes. Do you want to become part of the story? Then come and join us, now.

Edited by Kushy
  • Like 1

Indeed, 60 online because he never advertised it on forums,he got the server registered on some sites only, players created threads like this , I noticed that here isnt so I decided to create one :)

Now might be too late to grow because people sees there is too low people and avoid it.

Anyways, is not for everyone this server for sure, only for those nostalgics and those who want to sit back and relax.(not recommended for rushers)

Many of players are taking a long summer break, in autumn everyone will come back. Usually in prime time there was up to 100 players and this was till summer started.

Many players joined in the last days because players started to advertise,there are streamers aswell who came back to play so now in prime time there are 60-70 and in weekend up to 80 online wich I believe in autumn - winter will a new record :)

Edited by Kushy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just tested this server the last 4 days and here is my feedback.

Basic information:

• Server runs smooth (i'm from north Europe)

• Around 100+ people online at normal times

• People are active and friendly, good community

• There are people in start town Talking Island and new players joinning

• Got 5 friends while playing at Talking Island all new players in my 4 days

• I play only 2 hours a day and i'm level 20 with top no grade just by farming and quest

• There is newbie helper to get basic buff and you can exchange gear to upgrade it

• Now my trip goes to Guldin/Gludio/Dion in the next periode and I will make a update again

Pick this server if you love the old style

Why did i choose this server compared to the "Classic ones" ? 

Well I wanted to play Classic (Old School Lineage2), and I tried a few servers, but the "Classic" servers are nothing like old school Lineage2 I played, they are just as screwed up as all the new versions, I don't know why people call it Classic, maybe the first version of Classic was old school for what I can see in videos, but what I tried 1 month ago is nothing like the old Lineage2 I played.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1