L2Homage

Bumble

Wow, this is an amazing, brilliant invention! So that with such simplicity and accuracy you can edit the world of Lineage 2 ... we could only dream about it ... you turned our imagination into reality!

Windows 7x64 spawns scan fails, maybe i need framevork?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at L2Homage.worldBlocks.UpdateWorldBlockLayerSelection(Int32 layer, String& newImagePath)
   at L2Homage.L2HForm.WorldMapLayerChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
L2Homage
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/mmo-dev/L2Server/l2homage-3.2/L2Homage.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Hitcher

Hi @Hitcher.

Thanks, yeah I'm excited to see the worlds that will be created with this tool. I'm still working on it to add more functionality.

Regarding your issue, did you download the worldmap files too? And when did that issue happen? It's been a while since I had trouble with the spawns, so let's see if we can figure it out :)

No, that should be fine.

Do you remember what you were doing when the crash happened? If you could describe how to make that error happen, I'll try to fix it asap.

This happens when I first started the program, when the process comes to spawns scanning. Or an error can be caused when switching between (map 0), (map 1), (map 2). Or if you delete the files along the path l2homage-3.2 \ Data \ L2H(except the settings file), and scan again...

When this error occurs, spawns scanning does not occur. The program says that all files are uploaded, but the spawns line contains - 0...

although all other tables successfully loaded and working ... items, nps, droplist ...

Edited by Hitcher

Editing skills is awesome ... I'm sure that you will succeed! 

It seems you mentioned, that i can delete existing Npc? I did not manage to do this, although the cloned ones - easily ...) 

Perhaps if you could implement a search engine in the program, that would be great ... 

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Edited by Hitcher

11 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Editing skills is awesome ... I'm sure that you will succeed! 

It seems you mentioned, that i can delete existing Npc? I did not manage to do this, although the cloned ones - easily ...) 

Perhaps if you could implement a search engine in the program, that would be great ... 

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Yeah, deleting existing NPCs is not a good idea. The game crashes when you remove certain data, so it's better to just remove their spawn point if you want them gone. You should only delete the cloned stuff.

I'll try to implement a filtering system of some sort, or a search engine. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome, I hope you'll make something cool.

EDIT: I think I found the cause of the crash. I'll try to fix it for the next update.

Edited by Bumble

• 5 weeks later...

Amazing work, i would wish and love to have it for H5 hope you will manage to do it one day.

p.s.

If i am not mistaken Eressea  is working on H5 i noticed post same days back but can't find it any more.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I updated L2H, but don't worry, I've been working on it whenever I could over these past months. We're testing the newest functionality over the weekend, and expect to share the newest version latest Monday.

New features:

• Implemented Skill editing functionality. Includes enchanted skills and skill sound effects.
  • Implemented Skill Add/Remove functionality.
  • Implemented skill_pch and skill_pch2 generation.
  • Skills take a few minutes to load. I separated the skills load from the rest of the loads, so it's optional.
  • Search bars! Items, npcs, skills, recipes and sets are now searchable.
  • Implemented skill acquire editing. Easily add/remove skills to a class.
  • Edit which classes are included to customize the different class trees.
  • Double-click a skill in the skill acquire list to edit:
    • Required Level
    • SP Cost
    • Auto Get
    • Item Needed
    • Quest Needed
    • Prerequisite Skill
    • Social Type
    • Pledge Type
    • Race Required
  • The following parameters are editable for all classes:
    • HP Tables
    • MP Tables
    • CP Tables
  • The following base parameters are editable for base classes (fighters, mages)
    • Physical Attack
    • Attack Speed
    • Magic Attack
    • Critical
    • Attack Type
    • Attack Range
    • Damage Range
    • Rand Damage
    • Defense
    • Magic Defense
    • Move Speed
    • Strength Bonus
    • Intelligence Bonus
    • Constitution Bonus
    • Men Bonus
    • Dexterity Bonus
    • Wit Bonus
    • Level Bonus
    • Jump
    • Breath Bonus
    • Safe Fall Height
    • Collision Box
    • Can Penetrate
    • HP Regen Weight
    • MP Regen Weight
    • CP Regen Weight
    • Karma Increase Table
    • Karma Increase Constant
    • Starting Point
    • Starting Equipment
  • The following client-side editing is available:
    • Character Creation Screen Equipment
    • Character Creation Screen Positions
    • Character Creation Screen Class Descriptions
  • Depending on the parameter you click to edit, a relevant popup will appear. Some parameters require you to select class and/or sex, some parameters take you straight to the action.

Some screenshots:

RYZHE3M.png

eq2xFAS.png

4BfE9SJ.png

FRLYvan.png

yvpDWbj.png

iPbf0VD.png

NEejSv0.png

h4Odz2r.png

DudYcyd.png

I've also fixed quite a few bugs, and I restructured the data to allow for searching and easier variable access. I still plan on making this project open-source, and there's quite a lot of refinement left. There's also a bunch of features still missing, but I feel like I'm making good progress.

If you feel like helping out with suggestions or tests, or if you have any questions on how to use this tool, feel free to join us on Discord.

I look forward to sharing more stuff with you all! Have a nice weekend.

-B

Edited by Bumble
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to Weedy for helping with testing as always! We found a few issues that will take a few days to fix, but I’ll try to share the newest version ASAP. Unfortunately, I’ll be very busy next week, but I’ll do my best. 

I'm excited about L2H. It’s come a long way, thanks to everyone helping out. 

Edited by Bumble

Thanks @Hitcher! I plan on continuing this project for as long as I can, or until there's nothing left to easily edit :)

The newest test version is available for download on discord, but I gotta test it a bit more before releasing it publicly. If anyone wants to try it out, feel free to download it from there.

The new features are (Excluding the already mentioned classes parameters):

• Editing, adding or removing gametips. You can change the text during loadscreens to whatever you'd like.
  • Editing, adding or removing huntingzones. You can edit huntingzone locations, names and much more.
  • Editing chat filter. Add or remove words you don't want users to see.
  • Editing Raid descriptions.
  • Editing, adding or removing System Text (change "Human Fighter" to "Custom Class" for instance). Allows you to rename a wide variety of in-game text. Be careful not to delete something the game needs to not crash!
  • Editing System messages ("Your trade is successful." etc)
  • Editing, adding or removing zonenames and location.
  • Editing Eula.

I expect to share the newest version in here within the week. I just want to make sure as much of it works as possible. I'll also be quite busy from next weekend through to early january, so there won't be as many updates in that timeframe.

-B

Edited by Bumble
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I posted here. As you can imagine, I've had a lot to deal with. I've finally had some time to work on L2Homage though, and it's at a point now where it's very functional and useful. I've updated the original post with a new download link, and I've tried to list out _some_ of the new features.

With this new version of L2Homage, L2 is almost fully customizable. Give it a try, you can change so many things!

Next step is fully editing AI. I'm currently trying my hand at this manually, before figuring out a tool to streamline the process.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in here or on Discord.

I'm currently working on a small custom server to showcase what's possible with L2Homage. It includes:

• 11 reworked classes
  • 26 reworked monsters (6 of them bosses)
  • 77 reworked weapons/armor
  • 50+ new recipes
  • 14 materials
  • 10 quest items
  • 15 renamed zones (includes text on ingame map)
  • 7 NPCs
  • 1 major quest line, split into 3 quests, that takes you through the content planned for talking island.

If you're interested in this project, or if you'd like to start your own, come join us on Discord. We'll help you get started.

-B