Armor Set with Visual Aura via passive skill

Greetings, y'all beautiful people!

I've been playing around with armors recently and I've had this great idea which I can't implement for some reason. 
 First things first. 
 I've made custom sets with stats and set bonuses etc. Now, the problem I'm facing is that I'd like to add something like lets say fire that surrounds them when the character wears the complete set, something like an aura of some kind. I've found this BEAUTIFULLY looking skill that is not used in the game but it is an active skill. I've made the skill passive with 2 seconds cooldown andtried TARGET_NONE/SELF/AURA. None of which helped. I couldn't make it so that it will show the visual effects. I've gone through most of the passive skills with extra effects that I could think of in order to figure it out but sadly I could not.
 So, what do You think? Is there a way to make an active skill act like a passive with persistent visual effects? Do you think something like this is possible and if so, which parts of the xml should be responsible for the persistent visual effect? Also, Ive tried to call both the skill andthe effect as part of my set's bonus. failed both times. :/

(This is a repost since my other topic was in the wrong section).

Edited by bru7al

8 minutes ago, bru7al said:

Greetings, y'all beautiful people!

I've been playing around with armors recently and I've had this great idea which I can't implement for some reason. 
 First things first. 
 I've made custom sets with stats and set bonuses etc. Now, the problem I'm facing is that I'd like to add something like lets say fire that surrounds them when the character wears the complete set, something like an aura of some kind. I've found this BEAUTIFULLY looking skill that is not used in the game but it is an active skill. I've made the skill passive with 2 seconds cooldown andtried TARGET_NONE/SELF/AURA. None of which helped. I couldn't make it so that it will show the visual effects. I've gone through most of the passive skills with extra effects that I could think of in order to figure it out but sadly I could not.
 So, what do You think? Is there a way to make an active skill act like a passive with persistent visual effects? Do you think something like this is possible and if so, which parts of the xml should be responsible for the persistent visual effect? Also, Ive tried to call both the skill andthe effect as part of my set's bonus. failed both times. :/

(This is a repost since my other topic was in the wrong section).

use +1 please :P

• Upvote 1

you dont have to mess with skill types / styles... you can follow how the set is giving the skill when all parts are equiped and start the abnormal effect. finally follow again the 'remove skill' case and remove the abnormal effect

If it's a skill effect, you have to either broadcast the effect from time to time (using MagicSkillUse), which is kinda fat, or you find a talented client side dude which can transform the skill effect to an abnormal effect and register it as an abnormal effect, which would be far easier to handle.

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

If it's a skill effect, you have to either broadcast the effect from time to time (using MagicSkillUse), which is kinda fat, or you find a talented client side dude which can transform the skill effect to an abnormal effect and register it as an abnormal effect, which would be far easier to handle.

Its not fat to broadcast packets!!!!!!!

If the skill visuals allows it just create a task to broadcast it on an interval

It's one of the fattest thing you can do, worst case scenario being magic cast.

Remove MagicSkillUse usage on a 1k+ siege to get what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all! 
 I believe the guide Pamela shared looks good if I want it to work on all armors. However, I want the abnormal effect to be persistent and only on certain sets. In my case, I have all B-grade and above sets up to Elegia until Stage 5. And I want to add this bonus "aura" (in my case a skill) only to the last stage of all sets.

Think of it as the hero aura, I want something similar but only visible when a full set Stage 5 is equipped. :)
Please, throw some more ideas!

Edited by bru7al

3 hours ago, bru7al said:

Thank you all! 
 I believe the guide Pamela shared looks good if I want it to work on all armors. However, I want the abnormal effect to be persistent and only on certain sets. In my case, I have all B-grade and above sets up to Elegia until Stage 5. And I want to add this bonus "aura" (in my case a skill) only to the last stage of all sets.

Think of it as the hero aura, I want something similar but only visible when a full set Stage 5 is equipped. :)
Please, throw some more ideas!

what client u use , plus what files ?