Problem with transparent *.tga files

Salty Mike

Greetings,
 I've been messing around with the client's content for a while now and I can't find a way to implement a transparent *.tga file.
 The transparent tga file is supposed to be like a border, identical to the PVP border or the border of Common Items. However, it has a white background when in focus and when out of focus, it shows normally. Here are two screenshots:

Spoiler

onFocus_1.png.9b497bf511dda7a76adb2dadcaae2c73.png
This is on focus.

The link below is out of focus.
https://imgur.com/a/7zL2Azy

What am I doing wrong and what am I missing?
 I've added a transparent alpha channel to the icon in photoshop and when I import the *.tga into the *.utx file I'm using DTX3 compressing. I'm also using a separate (self-made) Icon2.utx file.

Edited by bru7al

On 10/14/2018 at 4:27 PM, SweeTs said:

Enable the AlphaTexture (transparency) on the icon once you upload it to Unreal. I mean, try this.

It's not working like interlude for some reason, i was working on a h5 server recently and the icons had the same issue, i did it the same way i used to do it for IL but it didn't work.

@Strain maybe you know how to do that on H5?

4 hours ago, Designatix said:

It's not working like interlude for some reason, i was working on a h5 server recently and the icons had the same issue, i did it the same way i used to do it for IL but it didn't work

Try to disable the mipmaps then. It might help.

I tried with both mipmaps and compression DXT1 or none but none of them worked, i guess what sinister said makes sense since dds plugin generates its own mipmaps while tga gets the already generated mipmaps maybe this would make it work.