Windows server Problem for L2J

L2SupportServices

Question

Hello,

I would like to ask, if someone knows or had same issue with me.

I am running a test server on windows dedicated,

and looks like the game server stucks (Game server console not responding & in game the client stucks.

server has to close abnormal and re-run the gameserver, in order to unstuck)from time to time.

and I am wondering if the problem is the dedicated which is running on windows or not.

Cause looks like it is.

Thanks

Edited by L2SupportServices

8 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Solomun said:

Check what processes are running. Maybe there is a specific one that causes the problem. If not, start by reinstalling the OS. If the problem insists, try with another hard drive.

If it is only lagging in gameserver console, try to observe JVM's process CPU usage. If it is 100%, i say you have written a bad code that runs forever or something.

Thank you

6 hours ago, ToNoobForscool said:

it seems like dedi problem or whatever you installed or run broke something

try reinstall the dedi

Thank you

I had this behavior some years ago and it was a hard drive problem. However it was not caused only in gameserver. It was happening in all programs.

Yes looks like the whole dedicated is lagging and etc.so GS aswell and then game aswell.

But my question is: Can a windows server cause a problem like this? I mean, right now, looks

like I cannot run a server on windows OS.

Also maybe depending on files which I am using? or nothing to do with it?

Edited by L2SupportServices

Check what processes are running. Maybe there is a specific one that causes the problem. If not, start by reinstalling the OS. If the problem insists, try with another hard drive.

If it is only lagging in gameserver console, try to observe JVM's process CPU usage. If it is 100%, i say you have written a bad code that runs forever or something.

7 minutes ago, L2SupportServices said:

Not sure what was the problem actually. I just reinstall centos instead of windows.

looks like windows are not good solution :D

Ok then. Topic locked.