Do You Think The Following Idea Is Achievable?

I have had this idea for ages - to launch a multi-functions server. It will be a combination of several styles, including multi skills/subs and factions. The question, however, is whether it is possible or not. I will need two databases and I will have to make one of the "REALMS" as instanced zone, but I've no idea if it is possible to create an entire sub-database for the other realms as part of the main database. I also wonder if there is a way to make it so that the main REALM is retail like and all achievements except of acquired skills are correctly transferred back to the retail. For example, you enter the multisub realm and you get skills from other classes and such and you start grinding and when you decide to switch back to the main realm you keep the PVP/PK counts, inventory (items obtained), and weapon/armor/jewel enchants. This way players could use the Faction realm to grind gear enchantment while doing pvp, and the multiskills to grind level and gear.

Not an expert, but I suppose you could use existing game mechanics for that.

You could have sub-class skills anytime, but they should have a condition that allows them to be used in certain zones/instances only. Just like olympiad exlusive talismans for example.

This could've been creative enough for the good days of the game.It's very good to see that there are still unique and creative minded admins,but today you have to understand that this would've got no chance at all in today's era..

• 1 month later...

This could've been creative enough for the good days of the game.It's very good to see that there are still unique and creative minded admins,but today you have to understand that this would've got no chance at all in today's era..

You might be right, but still, I have some other ideas to top this one up.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had thought of a similar idea years ago but unfortunately i am not a dev so i couldn't accomplish that dream. My idea included a faction server with custom weapons like halisha doll knife etc (just those weapons not custom armors)  but with a twist. When you would meet a specific requirement you would be able to learn 1 (or maybe 2) passive or active(s) skill from another class/race.