Questions About Max Level / New Grades

Shawya

Question

Hi ! I readed a lot of tutorials on this forum and i'm actually having fun creating a private server (l2j), i don't have any real ambitions about the server but i'm just having fun and learning new things by the way. It's been days since i'm searching a way to change the lv cap. (I'm working on Gracia final).

- I searched in gamerserver => l2jserver.jar => net/sf/l2j/gamerserver/model/base/Experience.class
I tried to change it with Cavaj and then looked at PlayableStat.class too,

But here i got problems,
1) It just litterality doesn't work
2) When i change these 2 .class, all Admin commands and all Handlers stuff doesn't work anymore too..

So here are my 2 questions, any one could take 5min to explain me how to correctly change the level cap ?
Second, (I'll look for it after the 1st Work :D) How could i had a new grade ?

Thank you very much, i would apprectiate any help !

4 answers to this question

Use regular sources, it will save you from tons of problems (the fact you got a control over sources and you're sure there isn't backdoors, the fact to use an IDE, and the fact to track your changes using a SVN).

Hello ! First of all thank you for answers,

To answer at Solumn first,
I'm not very good in programming so i checked on the Net and tried to modify them with "Cavaj" but i think i should decompile them first no ?

And to answer at Tryskell,
What do you mean by "Regular sources" ? My L2j Pack is old since they closed their website, i think its a 2009 pack so ..
( I saw you're french too, and i don't know if i can speak in french in the forum directly, so i ask you if i could speak with you by pm and if you could explain me ? If you got time off course ^^ Would be fantastic :) )

Once again, thank you

Edited by Shawya

By "regular" sources, I meant java files. L2J and others forks (like aCis, but there are others) are projects ; you edit files with an IDE (or notepad, but IDE is a specialized notepad with useful tools), you compile it and it produces a compiled version (transform your code into a code which can be understood by the Java program). Compiled version isn't supposed to be edited, it's a RESULT of a compiled project. Precompiled packs can come with backdoors, are hard to edit (you have to play with a decompiler) and hard to maintain. You also lack all comments (which can be useful), and internal classes are messed up.

90% of people don't use the correct country flag so don't trust it too much (even if, in my case, I'm french and you can PM me in french). You can also chat directly with me via PM on aCis Discord, using the web interface or the application if you got it : https://discordapp.com/invite/TbDSqby

Discord got the advantage to be more flexible than a forum PM box, and I can get alerts on my phone.

Edited by Tryskell