The Old Noitemname Problem Driving Me Crazy

HyperActive

Question

Hallo guys,

so as the topic says i got a problem with the items i am adding to the server...

Now lets give you some infos:

So first of all yes i did change the Id of all items in xml,armorgrp,weapongrp and itemname-e so that i would avoid exactly this NoItemName problem but it did not seem to work..

The items i use are adapted so they have extra Animations and Systextures i do not know if this is important but just so you know...

So any ideas on why the items show NoItemName ? 

9 answers to this question

Did you actually read what i said? I changed the Ids from all the files the problem just appears again and again......

did u actually read what YOU said?... "I changed the Ids from all the files"

what that means? im talking about the itemname-e.dat file... try to insert ur item with id <= 65535. IF all ur items have name NoItemName then ur itemname-e.dat is broken 

the name NoItemName it answers by itself... the problem is clearly in itemname.dat , try to use item ids <= 65535 .. also show us some images...

Edited by melron

An easy way to find from where the itemname is broke, is by creating items...

For example if you got id's from 1 to 13000, check items until 12000 ( create_item 12000), if it got name, go forward...to 12500...12600... When it starts to show noitemname than try with id's before that number.

the name NoItemName it answers by itself... the problem is clearly in itemname.dat , try to use item ids <= 65535 .. also show us some images...

Hallo guys,

so as the topic says i got a problem with the items i am adding to the server...

Now lets give you some infos:

So first of all yes i did change the Id of all items in xml,armorgrp,weapongrp and itemname-e so that i would avoid exactly this NoItemName problem but it did not seem to work..

The items i use are adapted so they have extra Animations and Systextures i do not know if this is important but just so you know...

So any ideas on why the items show NoItemName ? 

Did you actually read what i said? I changed the Ids from all the files the problem just appears again and again......

An easy way to find from where the itemname is broke, is by creating items...

For example if you got id's from 1 to 13000, check items until 12000 ( create_item 12000), if it got name, go forward...to 12500...12600... When it starts to show noitemname than try with id's before that number.

So you mean that if i use an Id for an item for example 50000 and it gives me NoItemName it is because the Itemname is broke? :P

did u actually read what YOU said?... "I changed the Ids from all the files"

what that means? im talking about the itemname-e.dat file... try to insert ur item with id <= 65535. IF all ur items have name NoItemName then ur itemname-e.dat is broken 

Yeap that must be it is broken i guess i am just going to get another from some system and delete all the entries that i do not need... hope this helps as i said the ids from itemname-e where changed to over 30000 so there should not be a problem there and since all the items show problem (there are like 25 items) i believe that it is broken will try another one and hope for the best

So you mean that if i use an Id for an item for example 50000 and it gives me NoItemName it is because the Itemname is broke? :P

Yes. I suppose it shows you noitemname only to your custom id's...

1 problem can be that the item doesn't exist...

For example you put 50000. 50001.50002.....etc

And 50001 doesn't exit... After id 50001 it will show all the items with NoItemName in game.

Be sure that all items exist, the custom ones :)

So that was it folks thank you for your help my itemname-e.dat was broken :)

thank you all for your fast answers solved and soon to be locked i guess :P