• L2J Free
    • L2J Archid
    • L2J Dot
    • L2J Umbrella
    • L2J Matrix
    • L2J Dream
    • L2 Emu
    • Preconfigured Packs

I really dont understand what "preconfigured pack" means, since almost all projects includes a basic default configuration, which makes binaries almost ready for plug-and-play.

Maybe some npcs? faction based? some events? Imho any server whose admin/developer needs a "preconfigured pack" to implement npcs, to create a faction engine, etc... has very poor chances to succeed and become important.

Running a server and make it really worth to play is a difficult task which requieres experience and lot of additional knowledge: programming, management, ...

I really dont understand what "preconfigured pack" means, since almost all projects includes a basic default configuration, which makes binaries almost ready for plug-and-play.

Maybe some npcs? faction based? some events? Imho any server whose admin/developer needs a "preconfigured pack" to implement npcs, to create a faction engine, etc... has very poor chances to succeed and become important.

Running a server and make it really worth to play is a difficult task which requieres experience and lot of additional knowledge: programming, management, ...

woot...I agree with you m8 and preconfingure pack = pack from a project with some npcs,event, items + that You will never succeed with a preco pack (I think you can not fix bugs (java side I mean) so...)

• 2 weeks later...

L2J Server:

- Most Stable

- Most Retail-like

- Many devs (Actually 70% of em are inactive... idk why. For me, more devs = faster development, but it can become unstable, but for now, l2j has proven to be the most stable pack)

- L2J is the head l2 java server, meaning all others are based on l2j

L2JFree:

- Unstable

- Less Retail-like, but with more things "fixed"

- Average devs... not so slow development, but they are active

I think most of you chose l2jfree over l2jserver, because its easier to use and it has more fixed things, and no one cares about stability... BUT, check the top10 hopzone servers... tell me how many are running on l2jfree??? You will see that the best l2 servers are actually running on l2jserver...