Gameserver Error [Java]

Anuvor

Question

Hey guys i recently tried to 'import' these codes here for a faction system

Gameserver: http://pastebin.com/ST5Lctsy

Datapack: http://pastebin.com/XXxFPFZV

Everything went well no errors at all but when i tried to open up the GameServer i got this error  and i don't know how to fix it, i don't understand how it is possible when there's no error at all .. can someone please help me?

1f28523d306efc62d6c8631069e33728.png

11 answers to this question

You have empty config in properties. If you can't find it, then check Config.java 1116 line and see which one it is.

Edited by SweeTs

You have empty config in properties. If you can't find it, then check Config.java 1116 line and see which one it is.

FACTION_SYSTEM_FIRST_FACTION_TITLE_COLOR = Integer.decode("0x" + players.getProperty("FirstFactionTitleColor", ""));

eh >.>

i mean im in 1116 what could be wrong here:

FACTION_SYSTEM_FIRST_FACTION_TITLE_COLOR = Integer.decode("0x" + players.getProperty("FirstFactionTitleColor", ""));

So hard to find ppl who can actually type the correct answer.. i mean cmon if it was easy for me i wound't ask for help.. like every time im asking for a help in here all ppl say is just a word or two fss

So hard to find ppl who can actually type the correct answer.. i mean cmon if it was easy for me i wound't ask for help.. like every time im asking for a help in here all ppl say is just a word or two fss

Ho my god, he whines.

JUST DON'T USE L2J IF YOU'RE STUCK HERE, PERIOD

Dude, to read an error (and don't be salty, you will read actually A LOT, notably YOUR OWN errors) you simply have to read the first line of it, and then you have to seek in the stacktrace the first line referencing to project files.

If you're new to Java, easiest is to seek Google for Exception type, each exception got it's own type. NumberFormatException meaning seems obvious even for a rookie (Java is enough verbose for that ; until you suck at english, but that's another problem). Then we got Integer parse logic, which means the program stucked into a int parse. Then the first line of actual L2J is Config.load(Config.java:1116) which gives you the method name, the class name and the line.

The most common Exception is NullPointerException (NPE), aka an object which is supposed to be filled, but is actually null (= not even initialized) on execution time.

Also Javadoc is a serious help, and stackoverflow website is full of gold. If you type a question on google, you probably will have a stackoverflow question/answer on it.

About your line

The "default to use" property is empty, aka "". So both that parameter (which is a backup value, if .properties one was missing) is missing but you also missed the .properties one. Two really basic errors, and as said Sdw if you already whine about that, be assured you will whine forever. Because harder will be your problem, less detailed answer you will receive (both in quantity and shape).

Edited by Tryskell