Suggest Project For Interlude Server

Coolis®

Question

Hello, 

I need a suggestion for the project to decide for an Interlude server.

Basically, i am planning on making gve server which is on an appropriate level for 2016/2017 and so on.

Budget is not a problem.

Would like to hear your suggestions.

Edited by Coolis®

I made a long reply but I ctrl+w like an idiot and lost my reply. I already answered by PM before reading that topic, so if anyone is interested by aCis pros/cons :

Pros

- try to follow L2OFF whenever it can (many stuff is parsed using L2OFF data).

- reworked entire pieces of codes, where other packs (no matter chronicle) never cared about (geoengine, knownlist, all scripts are reworked, castles on latest rev,... The list is huge).

- focused on performance, readability and stability (all known NPEs are fixed so far, could run 2 months without restart with 150+ players so probably can run forever).

- anti-custom policy, in order to offer you the vanilla experience and you're free to add whatever you want inside. The few customs are organized / fixed if that was a big system (wedding manager).

- most active project no matter the chronicle (both dev and community which share a lot of stuff or got the will to report). Even as contributions, I think we get more than L2J.

Cons

- you have to work to apply your customs (even if we got a fed Customs section, people who can't code are too used to edit property false/true)

- due to the nature of heavy rework, you can end with semi-finished features (still missing 15 quests and few raidbosses).

- project can freeze a long time, because I'm the only main active developer, and I create a bottleneck as I'm also the only committer (which also allows me to control quality).

- Project freemium concept isn't welcomed by anyone (concept : you pay or contribute to get access to a 5y old project).

For paypal, price, subscription system and what you get : simply read Announcements section.

If you're interested by L2JFrozen pros/cons :

Pros

- heavy emphasis on customs, avoid you to code as most of known customs is included.

- community was noobs/newbies friendly (I was calling L2JFrozen my "noob firewall").

- based on a decent RU fork (L2JFrozen strength comes only from that, imho... They would base on L2J, that would be really sad).

Cons

- dead 3 years out of 5 (it is spread over).

- no leadership, no final goal except "patching holes" (Shyla 2011 quote) leading to one of the biggest revert of L2J history (cleanest revision is now the 1004 one).

- nothing ninja-looted for aCis since L2JFrozen exists means nothing interesting to be used (and back in 2011, I was reading their public timeline).

- based on a RU fork means also terrible reading/maintain style (as any russian fork out there, except ru.l2p main branch where the guys knew to code but still hard to read due to alien style)

----

Long answer short :

- aCis destroys things and build from zero (longer developement, but final version is generally final and can't be improved), while L2JFrozen was patching out (keep old system but jumped on another problem really fast).

- aCis is more intermediate/advanced community, where L2JFrozen is more noob/newbies (aCis stomps noobs and got low amount of patience with newbies, as every basic stuff is often already answered and can be searched).

- aCis focused since day 1 on L2OFF, dropping as much customs as possible to avoid to maintain them. The few customs have been reworked. L2JFrozen had to fix for a long time their own customs, and almost didn't worked on their data (except skills, but still it's wrong).

- aCis is still alive, while L2JFrozen not.

- reworked entire pieces of codes, where other packs (no matter chronicle) never cared about (geoengine, knownlist, all scripts are reworked, castles on latest rev,... The list is huge).

- most active project no matter the chronicle (both dev and community which share a lot of stuff or got the will to report). Even as contributions, I think we get more than L2J.

Ahem :troll: