C4 Chronicle Max Htm Size

AccessDenied

Question

14 answers to this question

It has to do with the client and not with l2j (as you posted on l2j section. And it's 8KB not 8192KB.

lol i know is client but not sure if this should go in client section.. 

serverpackets/NpcHtmlMessage.java

if (text.length() > 50000)
		{
			LOGGER.warn("Html is too long! this will crash the client!");
			_html = "<html><body>Html was too long,<br>Try to use DB for this action</body></html>";
			return;
		}

hello, as title say. any trick to increase max size of html sended (more than 8192kb)

cause it crash.

Pagination system, or community board use.

wyh are you making servers

why you even bother to answer in l2j session, your java knowledge is 0 

and you only support a server that feed you ;)) 

Ps who said i open server? you never work into a localhost mode? oh i forgot :D you dont know how it works :P :P  <3

Edited by AccessDenied

serverpackets/NpcHtmlMessage.java

if (text.length() > 50000)
		{
			LOGGER.warn("Html is too long! this will crash the client!");
			_html = "<html><body>Html was too long,<br>Try to use DB for this action</body></html>";
			return;
		}

you gave me cancer :D

if client no support more than 8 then what u even doin? the problem is not java the problem is client itself

Pagination system, or community board use.

so in other words you tell me to split string into different pages? well again... i dont get why i substring

the string (for testing reasons) and cut it into 1/3 still client crashed.

te0x isn't wrong (before saying he gave you cancer), you can either return a default html to avoid to crash, or substring (which will cause malformat htm).

There is no solution, it's a client limitation and you have to play around it, as I stated. Pagination system is the way to go, if you format text in a loop you can also save shitload of chars dropping the pointless colors, eventual links, shortcut or drop tables, etc. That's up to you and depends about content to display (if it's not a loop you're kinda screwed and should see your exigences to a lower level).

You got example of pagination for specific cases (on aCis : bookmarks, characters list and skills list with the use of MathUtil.countPagesNumber).

te0x isn't wrong (before saying he gave you cancer), you can either return a default html to avoid to crash, or substring (which will cause malformat htm).

There is no solution, it's a client limitation and you have to play around it, as I stated. Pagination system is the way to go, if you format text in a loop you can also save shitload of chars dropping the pointless colors, eventual links, shortcut or drop tables, etc. That's up to you and depends about content to display (if it's not a loop you're kinda screwed and should see your exigences to a lower level).

You got example of pagination for specific cases (on aCis : bookmarks, characters list and skills list with the use of MathUtil.countPagesNumber).

o fuck guess i have to deal with c4 problems.. 

anyway

It's not C4, it exists since C1 up to latest, and I don't think such value has been edited in post chronicles (except community board one, which has been upped).

It's not C4, it exists since C1 up to latest, and I don't think such value has been edited in post chronicles (except community board one, which has been upped).

Thank you baby.. wasted much time on some system without consider details like this.... 

TOES FTW