Just Wondering...

So i came back to l2 after a long time and i tried a few servers L2damage/l2extreme which has the same admin, l2aaron and i wonder how do these servers get so many people when things don't work properly there.Unbalanced classes.Staff that doesn't care.I would have joined an l2off mid but i don't have enough free time to do that.

First of all i'm not a kiddo who's looking to open a server and make money so read further when you understand that...

About almost a year ago i was working on a pack, testing mostly skills if they work properly or not but i quit after a while because of work/no free time.

So i wonder how many of you people would join on a server with not so easy farming, tested skills and classes and when i say tested i mean 1vs1 tests and skills chances/dmg because that's what all the servers nowdays don't have.I spent most of my time on an mid server so i basically know how most skills work.

No 2345345345 buffs cause that's what ruins balance too.

Events performed by me and not the automated ones.(Could include automated events too i guess)

Serious support system because it does matter after all.

Open to suggestions.But it doesn't mean i'm gonna listen to every kiddo that cries because the class he's playing is not overpowered like on other unbalanced servers and i honestly don't care if the community is low at least i know that the ones playing there are not kids who kill you and go ax0axa0xax0ax0ax0a0x jajajajajjajaja and things like that.Serious players who want to have fun and miss a decent l2 server.

Anyone who misses the old l2 as much as i do?

So i came back to l2 after a long time and i tried a few servers L2damage/l2extreme which has the same admin, l2aaron and i wonder how do these servers get so many people when things don't work properly there.Unbalanced classes.Staff that doesn't care.I would have joined an l2off mid but i don't have enough free time to do that.

First of all i'm not a kiddo who's looking to open a server and make money so read further when you understand that...

About almost a year ago i was working on a pack, testing mostly skills if they work properly or not but i quit after a while because of work/no free time.

So i wonder how many of you people would join on a server with not so easy farming, tested skills and classes and when i say tested i mean 1vs1 tests and skills chances/dmg because that's what all the servers nowdays don't have.I spent most of my time on an mid server so i basically know how most skills work.

No 2345345345 buffs cause that's what ruins balance too.

Events performed by me and not the automated ones.(Could include automated events too i guess)

Serious support system because it does matter after all.

Open to suggestions.But it doesn't mean i'm gonna listen to every kiddo that cries because the class he's playing is not overpowered like on other unbalanced servers and i honestly don't care if the community is low at least i know that the ones playing there are not kids who kill you and go ax0axa0xax0ax0ax0a0x jajajajajjajaja and things like that.Serious players who want to have fun and miss a decent l2 server.

Anyone who misses the old l2 as much as i do?

Well buddy,i think every one who played l2 the past decade misses the old gameplay.And it's not exactly that he "misses" it. It's that they want a server with balance,not pay to win(ofc you must have some donations but smart ones),non-corruptions,and ofc smart and active admins who knows to keep their community online number stable every single day.That's why servers close due to low online numbers,because something from the above will happen on just days away from opening or maybe hours.Plus nowadays nobody will stay farming for hours without botting because ofc we all have a real life jobs,studies,etc.and we have grown a lot since the days we played the "old" lineage.Now people would prefer a server with a working bot,since they want to gear up as quick as possible and be active and take part to competitions such as olympiad,sieges,events etc.Like you said above,i would like too join an official files clean mid-rate server,but there is not that much time to get busy with it.Plus if you are intersted to open something serious you must focus on working your server much and focus on advertise too,(you may need to pay to become more popular and more trustful to people).

It's that they want a server with balance,not pay to win(ofc you must have some donations but smart ones),non-corruptions,and ofc smart and active admins who knows to keep their community online number stable every single day.

That's an excuse. Ages back then, I was not paying attention on such things (most of us, if not everyone), even I was happy when some bugs was actual, I could use them for my own purposes (wh enchant <3).

Plus nowadays nobody will stay farming for hours without botting because ofc we all have a real life jobs,studies,etc.and we have grown a lot since the days we played the "old" lineage.Now people would prefer a server with a working bot,since they want to gear up as quick as possible and be active and take part to competitions such as olympiad,sieges,events etc.

That's the reason why servers die so quickly. The real reason why we are changing servers like a socks is marked with red color. We were addicted to this game, not anymore. Period.

Edited by SweeTs

That's the reason why servers die so quickly. The real reason why we are changing servers like a socks is marked with red color. We were addicted to this game, not anymore. Period.

exactly my friend,that last phrase is the meaning i tried to explain too and i agree on that,there is no anymore people who addicted and give their whole body and soul like the old days.SweeTs explained it perfect in his two lines.

Yeah i agree with both of you.I'm like that.I miss the old times.We were younger with more free time and no other shit on our mind.And indeed if i open a server i'm gonna focus on gameplay not on visual/custom stuff.Truly balanced gameplay with as less bugs as possible.And also about donations i don't really care much, stuff that won't affect the ones that don't donate would be okay.I always wanted to open my own server but i never did because there was no decent pack around and i didn't have enough free time to work on it.Because it takes time to test every single skill and other important stuff on a pack that affect the gameplay.If i go live with a server i want it to be as close to perfection as possible not like the ones around where admins don't give a crap about the community.

Too bad l2 got a bad reputation because of those l2j servers opened by randoms.

Yeah i agree with both of you.I'm like that.I miss the old times.We were younger with more free time and no other shit on our mind.And indeed if i open a server i'm gonna focus on gameplay not on visual/custom stuff.Truly balanced gameplay with as less bugs as possible.And also about donations i don't really care much, stuff that won't affect the ones that don't donate would be okay.I always wanted to open my own server but i never did because there was no decent pack around and i didn't have enough free time to work on it.Because it takes time to test every single skill and other important stuff on a pack that affect the gameplay.If i go live with a server i want it to be as close to perfection as possible not like the ones around where admins don't give a crap about the community.

well,seems like you respect community and above everything related to game you respect the game.it's really nice to meet people who think that way for the game of lineage,but unluckily this game becomes worse day by day.By the way,whatever server you'll open i am sure in even if it opens in a year plus.I like this mindset by your side and it's truly a talent to create something unique without the purpose of "winning" things,with that meaning money or killing ppl with corrupting.

Truly balanced gameplay with as less bugs as possible

i never did (open) because there was no decent pack around and i didn't have enough free time to work on it.Because it takes time to test every single skill and other important stuff on a pack that affect the gameplay.If i go live with a server i want it to be as close to perfection as possible not like the ones around where admins don't give a crap about the community.

Bullshit. 

1) WTF is truly balanced? Balance is subjective and relative. What is balanced for you is likely to be unbalanced for several other people. Taking it to the extreme, it might be unbalanced for a lot of people, and "a lot" can be easily approximated to "everyone".

2) You claim you want the fewest bugs, but then state you never opened a server because there was no decent pack. Sounds like you just want half the shit done for you. Your definition of a balanced, bugless server is more of a fantasy than any of the server currently open, and you are on a direct path to opening just another copy pasta server with just a changed config. 

You are arguably just the same random person because of whom L2 got bad reputation.

Throughout all your replies you showed no evidence of that you would actually do something worthwhile for the game. All you did is just use some pretty words like a politician, addressing the most common general consensus. (jajajaj, 0x0x0x0, kiddies, overpowered classes, etc)

m8 pls. A thread like this pops up like once every month. 

Edited by sandpants

Bullshit. 

1) WTF is truly balanced? Balance is subjective and relative. What is balanced for you is likely to be unbalanced for several other people. Taking it to the extreme, it might be unbalanced for a lot of people, and "a lot" can be easily approximated to "everyone".

2) You claim you want the fewest bugs, but then state you never opened a server because there was no decent pack. Sounds like you just want half the shit done for you. Your definition of a balanced, bugless server is more of a fantasy than any of the server currently open, and you are on a direct path to opening just another copy pasta server with just a changed config. 

You are arguably just the same random person because of whom L2 got bad reputation.

Throughout all your replies you showed no evidence of that you would actually do something worthwhile for the game. All you did is just use some pretty words like a politician, addressing the most common general consensus. (jajajaj, 0x0x0x0, kiddies, overpowered classes, etc)

m8 pls. A thread like this pops up like once every month. 

Trully balanced is classes that work the way they were supposed to work.Ofc it's going to be unbalanced for most of the people out there because most of the people out there never played a decent server.The ones who truly enjoy l2 are on low rate servers where things work as they are supposed to work.

But after the decent pack comment i also said i didn't have enough free time to work on it.Saw that?An l2j pack nowdays needs a lot of work no matter how you look at it.I was just looking for people's opinion.And no wonder why i didn't get more replies on this topic.There are just a few people here who actually know what balance means.Who play l2j servers and say why the hell there's nobody out there to actually work on what's important and not on custom and shitty systems.By adding custom stuff it can't be called l2 anymore.If you play l2off and no matter how many servers with the same rates if the admin didn't mess with the skills buff/debuff slots and other shit the balance should be there.But if you play 2 identical l2j servers on one you might play as a fighter to own and on the other you might play as a mage to own.And not to mention olympiad where everything goes to hell there.

Pretty much l2j fucked up l2 for good.Do you think mages were created by NCSoft to own pve and pvp at the same time?I don't think so.

Balance is a myth on Lineage 2. Its just a gimmic to attract players.

Lineage 2 is not or will ever be balanced. Each class is made to counter another class in a way and sometimes they do it better or worse. Each L2 version i played from c2 to H5 had one class dominating all others in a way. (and each time it was a different class, like it was made on purpose or something :dat: )

True balance would be everyone having the exactly same stats/skills and buffs and then add a random chance for more dmg maybe.

If you did the above then it would be skill compinations, timing and a bit of luck on the random dmg thing. In few words player skill and luck.

Balance is a myth on Lineage 2. Its just a gimmic to attract players.

Lineage 2 is not or will ever be balanced. Each class is made to counter another class in a way and sometimes they do it better or worse. Each L2 version i played from c2 to H5 had one class dominating all others in a way. (and each time it was a different class, like it was made on purpose or something :dat: )

True balance would be everyone having the exactly same stats/skills and buffs and then add a random chance for more dmg maybe.

If you did the above then it would be skill compinations, timing and a bit of luck on the random dmg thing. In few words player skill and luck.

The problem is when someone says balanced classes you think differently.When i say it i mean that every class needs to have a chance against the other class.Like i said before mages were made for pve and fighters for pvp so when you get owned by a fighter it's something common.That's what it should depend on.Player skill.There is a bit of luck added on classes but the skill and brain of the one playing the class that's what should actually count.Also when i say balance i compare it to official files.If they work like they do on official then it's balanced.What ruins this is l2j where skills don't work properly and 34235453 buff slots.Mana pots?Remove them and see how easily bishops go down.And lots of other stuff that affect the gameplay in general.And the most important the one who owns the server.Without a brain there's nothing you can do to avoid shit like that.

So definition of balance for me is when skills work properly as they are supposed to work.Not that "every class can beat every class" and depends on the player.A bishop will never win a pvp against a mage or a fighter.It's just a support char not a damage dealer.But eventually he'll run out of MP and die, now watch a bishop on high rate server where he'll never die if just 2-3 people are hitting him.