Profession: Alchemist - Opinions Please!

lord_rex

sucks, not

Oh, c'mon! Why is it so hard to tell what you trully feel? Why always your freakin pride have to stand between praising me of my mods? I KNOW YOU LIKE IT!

Oh, c'mon! Why is it so hard to tell what you trully feel? Why always your freakin pride have to stand between praising me of my mods? I KNOW YOU LIKE IT!

mmmmmm, no

I honestly don't see much difference between craft and alch. Different items produced and different levels required, so crafting (in general) is twice as long (and boring) to train/use.

Rate 3/10

I honestly don't see much difference between craft and alch. Different items produced and different levels required, so crafting (in general) is twice as long (and boring) to train/use.

Rate 3/10

Well, the difference will come by the achievement system.

PS: Anyway if you look into GW2's professions or Forsaken World's professions they have the same split. Same has splits like "Weaponsmith Profession, Armorsmith Profession, Huntsman profession, etc" - and all are the same just with different materials.

Edited by lord_rex

Well, the difference will come by the achievement system.

PS: Anyway if you look into GW2's professions or Forsaken World's professions they have the same split. Same has splits like "Weaponsmith Profession, Armorsmith Profession, Huntsman profession, etc" - and all are the same just with different materials.

Yeah, I know, WoW and shit.

My point (and rating) is still valid.

Or do you want RuneScape with 30+ skills? There's a limit for everything, and L2 is designed for 'attacking', and definitely not skilling.

Yeah, I know, WoW and shit.

My point (and rating) is still valid.

Or do you want RuneScape with 30+ skills? There's a limit for everything, and L2 is designed for 'attacking', and definitely not skilling.

Well, so you basically don't like the fashion of nowdays MMORPG's profession system standards.

I don't like the fact it's in CB

Me neither, but it's not like there's an option for such things. Recipebook? Custom dialog windows?

Because it would be 200 times worse in NPC/item/tutorial chat windows.

Anyway, this was exactly my point when I said L2 was about combat and not skilling.

I made a whole Alchemist class in 2008 (actually revamped all but 3rd class (or was it 4th already ?)).

I did use recipe book for such things, or maybe it was skill.

Anyway, you crafted pot, and used them to actually fight, it was fun. There was obvious limitation which could leave you out of pot.

I made a whole Alchemist class in 2008 (actually revamped all but 3rd class (or was it 4th already ?)).

I did use recipe book for such things, or maybe it was skill.

Anyway, you crafted pot, and used them to actually fight, it was fun. There was obvious limitation which could leave you out of pot.

I had a version with cooking pot too near Lindvior if I remember well - however I never released it. But good to see other people with same creativity too. :D

What's so different from a simple multisell? The CB link?

It has a leveling system with points & restrictions for levels. For example you cannot create S-grade shots if your alchemist level is only D-grade. :)

Edited by lord_rex