Protection For L2Java Servers

Hello guys,

I was out of the l2 business for a while and 2 years ago lameguard was the best solution to protect your server well. However i would like to know what is the best solution to protect your server now?

I know the following opportunities

Lameguard

L2JGuard

SmartGuard

some free programs like catsguard

SmartGuard, from your list.

There is also StabGuard, Szaka's project. Most likely the best solution.

Edited by SweeTs

SmartGuard, from your list.

There is also StabGuard, Szaka's project. Most likely the best solution.

thanks sweet! After a quick search at google i couldnt find a website about Stabguard could you post the link/skype adress please?

http://stabguard.com <---- offline

Edited by SwS

As far as i know, stabguard is not finished, maybe also abandoned.

If you want to choose lameguard vs smartguard i suggest you to use lameguard. I was using both of the protections in the past and when it comes to protection against Bots, none of them are good. Lameguard though, is a lot more stable and for sure you will not have any problems about it.

Then it's better to don't invest into bot protection. Since it can be easily bypassed by Adrenaline.. So, it's a waste of money, imho.

Edited by SweeTs

Then it's better to don't invest into bot protection. Since it can be easily bypassed by Adrenaline.. So, it's a waste of money, imho.

What about L2JGuard, i've seen some servers using it and it's pretty decent. I've tried bypassing it and when i logged in the game the char couldnt move or do any actions.

depends, if you will pick unpopular antibot solution which is not widely used and time consuming to bypass + have it continuously updated, then it will be simply not profitable for bot dev to spend X h just for 1-2 servers, where only small amount of bot customers would bot there.

Most of antibots are not up to date, so they are bypassed easily. Yeah, I forgot about L2JGuard, some ppl say it's good and not that easy to be bypassed for newbie user.

There is sense to get the protection anyway because:

- You get HWID

- Packets are encrypted, it's harder to manipulate them

- Many older bot programs will not work