Chronicle Which Is Better For Play Than Others ?!

Chronicle which is better for play than others ?!  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Chronicle which is better for play than others ?!

Well that depends, HF is obviously the most played chronicle these days since it's the latest version before G.o.D. which, according to many people including me, ruined the game.

Interlude is pretty popular amongst nostalgic players, but it has a huge disadvantage - unless you open low rate, people are going to reach endgame very quickly so it's hard to keep the server up for longer periods of time.

Gracia Final used to be very popular as well, but nowdays there aren't many of them - thus a quality project could find a lot of players.

And finally G.o.D. has very few fans who usually stick to some large projects, so I wouldn't recommend opening one.

Well that depends, HF is obviously the most played chronicle these days since it's the latest version before G.o.D. which, according to many people including me, ruined the game.

Interlude is pretty popular amongst nostalgic players, but it has a huge disadvantage - unless you open low rate, people are going to reach endgame very quickly so it's hard to keep the server up for longer periods of time.

Gracia Final used to be very popular as well, but nowdays there aren't many of them - thus a quality project could find a lot of players.

And finally G.o.D. has very few fans who usually stick to some large projects, so I wouldn't recommend opening one.

You are right about everything ... we think on same way :) for sure Gracia Final is one of the greatest chronicle for play.

The best chronicle is the one you can develop for.

If I had to be make a completely custom server I'd choose GoD for the assets.

If I had to make a more mainstream server I would pick HF or Epilogue. The jump in gameplay is quite radical in HF, with all melee classes receiving rushes.

Interlude is the most popular from retail like servers till high rate ones. All the big clans / communitys playing Interlude mid - pvp rate servers from x35 / x100.

IMO L2 started to get weird with the mono-wings ( Kamael ) came to town.

L2 ( in my head ) has always been based on a clearly defined system that makes sense and most importantly isn't pure fantasy like WoW or other MMO's. Success ( on a good server ) is based on the gear, friends, strategy, and skills ( both player and in game ) you have and not just an arbitrary thing that happens because something somewhere says it should. You have to put in the time and effort. There is a hint of logic / honor / moral behind it all that makes L2 different and i can't really explain.

To me, the Kamael broke all this. The race in general, classes, and skills never really fit in with the world i knew. The colors used in skill animations still look alien and completely out of place. Almost like you are sitting around a table with your family and someone none of you has ever met comes in and sits down then says "Pass the salt!". Just didn't feel right.

They're like that character in that movie you meet 2 hours in and were supposed to have a known all along but Mr. Plot man never ever mentioned never ever ever.

Just sort of shoved them in there because change = good and here's something new for you to look at. Fuck it.

Who knows though.

I am quite a strange fellow ...

... and a sucker for B-Grade.

:D

Edited by tk422

not just an arbitrary thing that happens because something somewhere says it should. You have to put in the time and effort. There is a hint of logic / honor / moral behind it all that makes L2 different and i can't really explain.

Odd you'd say that, considering how many random things there are in L2 (hit chance, critical chance, skill rate success, enchant success, craft chance, etc)

Functionally, L2 isn't that much different from WoW.

Edited by Epiquin

epilogue was fun to play. I hate h5. Warrior rushes ruined casters game.

l2 is another game. WoW pvp sux, but still i dont like lineage 2 idea of 2 minutes silences and 30 sec fears wtf :D

In my opinion:

WoW = pve, great raids, great quest

l2 = pvp, nice character managment ( buffers, dancer/sws, tanks usefull in pvp - change target, bit op damage on full buff), open world pvp ( barakiel and shit - no in new trashage)

Edited by Bydle

Odd you'd say that, considering how many random things there are in L2 (hit chance, critical chance, skill rate success, enchant success, craft chance, etc)

Functionally, L2 isn't that much different from WoW.

Very very true!

Those sort of things though you kind of expect from any game.

But if you think about it, if i swing a sword at D Trump's head, there IS a chance im going to miss.

Likewise there is a chance im going to hit him.

And even ( hopefully more ) likewise i might get a critical hit.

My "feeling" is totally not quantifiable and probably not at all logical.

But at it does make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Very very true!

Those sort of things though you kind of expect from any game.

But if you think about it, if i swing a sword at D Trump's head, there IS a chance im going to miss.

Likewise there is a chance im going to hit him.

And even ( hopefully more ) likewise i might get a critical hit.

My "feeling" is totally not quantifiable and probably not at all logical.

But at it does make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Right, but if you intend to actually hit D Trump's head, the chance to miss won't be governed by luck or chance. You are a seasoned adventurer after all, fighting reanimated skeletons, ghosts, lizardmen, and all sorts of nasty dark gipsy magic spawns. If you do miss, it's likely because he did something that allowed him to dodge it.

I guess for the time and decade L2 was made, it was acceptable. Hardware and software limitations likely limited the options for player interaction.

But now it just feels like it's left in to cater to bad players and act as a pillow to compensate for their poor performance. "Let's just throw in a random crit or two for the guy to make it feel like he can win".

Which would have been ok, if crits weren't so extreme in recent meta.

Hellbound

#Endofstory.eune

Exactly hellbound is like "eune" Kappa.

Haven't read the posts above but Imo by far the most enjoyable client to play in was C4

Edited by `Sanctus