Newbie Problems

break

Question

Hello people! I'm completely new to L2J development and I have a few questions about it.

I've tried to add passive noblesse (no loss of buffs on death) on some of my items. Now, it didn't workout really well, whatever I did.

Tried on RequestRestartPoint.java as well as L2PcInstance.java and nothing worked for me. Now I got the idea, maybe I need to recompile the files again so the changes can take place?

If, yes how do I do it? 

Also, if there is an alternative to the passive noblesse, is there any way to do so w/o the compiling part? (I've tried OP_PASSIVE etc, all that doesnt work).

Best regards

5 answers to this question

Hello people! I'm completely new to L2J development and I have a few questions about it.

I've tried to add passive noblesse (no loss of buffs on death) on some of my items. Now, it didn't workout really well, whatever I did.

Tried on RequestRestartPoint.java as well as L2PcInstance.java and nothing worked for me. Now I got the idea, maybe I need to recompile the files again so the changes can take place?

If, yes how do I do it? 

Also, if there is an alternative to the passive noblesse, is there any way to do so w/o the compiling part? (I've tried OP_PASSIVE etc, all that doesnt work).

Best regards

Any change on core needs a re-compile unless you're running in Debug Mode.

First of all, thank you for the fast reply kind sir.

I've tried what you said and set the debug in the config folder to true.

Unforunately, I'm still not having luck with commenting out the StopAllEffectsExceptThoseThatLastTroughDeath() function as it is still canceling my buffs on death.

Looks to me like it doesn't even apply the changes even on debug mode?

Best regards.

"Debug mode" is not "debug = true" from config :happyforever:

Debug mode from eclipse allows you to run the server from the workspace, real time changes. You have to recompile the core and switch the l2jserver.jar /lib folder.

Edited by SweeTs

"Debug mode" is not "debug = true" from config :happyforever:

Debug mode from eclipse allows you to run the server from the workspace, real time changes. You have to recompile the core and switch the l2jserver.jar /lib folder.

Yeah my bad. I should have mentioned the details too :)

Edit:

gameserver.model/actor/L2Playable.java

-        else
-            stopAllEffectsExceptThoseThatLastThroughDeath();

Or make it with config, or delete it.

Recompile the core and go at Workspace-Gameserver-build, copy l2jserver.jar and throw it on your server files/libs.

(I'm not sure if need delete and inside on L2Character.java, but let's try this).

Edited by 'Baggos'