Dedicated Server For L2

slitz

Hey

Got a dedicated server over if anyone intressed in renting it? Running with a licens for windows server 2008 so ready to start your server, if setup help wanted i can help you with it.

Spec:

Processor Intel Xeon E3 1225v2 3.2 GHz+
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Disks: 3 x 120 GB SSD
Network connection: 1 Gbps
Anti-DDoS: Included

Price: 80 euro ( price are per month and prepaid )

Hey

Running with a licens for windows server 2008

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Price: 80 euro ( price are per month and prepaid )

with 60e i can have 64gb ram free linux 1.000.000.000% better than windows

and of course ddos protect from ovh.

So why some should PAY YOU? A random! For a machine! Where server files are going to be placed!

1 reason in tell me!

So why some should PAY YOU? A random! For a machine! Where server files are going to be placed!

1 reason in tell me!

Dont ask you to rent, licens for windows aint cheap and for l2off you need windows server 2003/2008.

Some admins know there way around *nix and some dont, heres a way for thos that dont to rent a decent server with windows server ready.

Edited by slitz

Dont ask you to rent, licens for windows aint cheap and for l2off you need windows server 2003/2008.

Some admins know there way around *nix and some dont, heres a way for thos that dont to rent a decent server with windows server ready.

even with youtube tutorials someone could easily understand how to setup a nix machine!

1 reason in tell me!

What this guy said ;)

What this guy said ;)

Go at real OVH, order a dedicated machine not from resellers but direclty from OVH.

Pick windows 2008, install and such. Give me a price.

Edit: I just checked OVH. You can find the same machine with 64gb ram but with 82 euro + 100 euro setup fees. Imagine the windows lisence and so on.

So it's a great offer for a real dedicated machine. You smartasses, go buy the 30e "dedicated".

Edited by Devlin

You are welcome to buy from any other place if you like and can find it cheaper, i dont force anyone to buy from me i just put up a offer, this is more or less the same price as any hosting company can offer with real windows server 2008 included but here you can skip the hassle with identifaction etc and just run the server.

So please keep out of the thread if you are not intressted, i dont care if you can setup a *nix with youtube widows or not thats not the point of this thread.

• 2 months later...

1 reason in tell me!

You can always spot the people who are just getting into IT and think they already have all the answers.

Linux better than Windows - lol omg yeah ok, what a fing joke. Real datacenters do not even allow Linux in the commercial account sections unless they are on controlled Mainframe ViPS. 

1 - People running L2OFF will preferably run it on Windows as you will run into trouble with Linux. I didn't tried running L2OFF on Linux since 2007 to be honest, and even if it was "working" it was not viable, and there was yet no extender attached to it. With the current extender, pretty sure you will have more than the ODBC and basic emulation problems. Anyway running L2OFF on Linux makes no real sense.

2 - Windows and Linux both have their uses, pro/con. You will preferably (for instance) use a Windows server if you have all your client in your company under windows and you want to work with active directory and setup permissions and credential (it can be done with linux as well, but the setup is a hell and you will have more than little fun). Anybody that is an IT professional can not say that "this OS is better than this OS", it depends on the needs of the client and the environment you are working in. For L2J both are possible, it really depends on the need of the client to be honest. I will not blame someone wanting to use Windows even if I do use mainly Linux.

Back on the topic, the offer might interest some people and flaming the author about the price or content is not going to go anywhere. He got his price for his product, he decides and fixes up. It's then up to you to buy it, negotiate or not, but flaming when you are not even interested is not constructive.