Diff Patches

WhiteCrown

Question

Hi fellas, i'm total rookie with eclipse.. I just need apply diff patches.. I now it's simple for all of you but for me it's hard :( Everything looks perfectly from my opinion but still i'm doing some thing wrong.. I trying use auto patch'er team>apply patch and i don't get any errors but source does not change...... I can try to upload them manually but in one diff 130k line's omg it's just wasting of time.. I looked through the search here, ragezone, google for a three days but could not find the mistake. And even at my developers forum but they just don't want help for newbie's.. Please someone help i really now it's annoying for you but still... ;/

Ect - I'm using another crappy interlude server core..

Edited by WhiteCrown

6 answers to this question

That's because you have the wrong path direction in your patch.

For example , acis patches have as path direction trunk/acis_gameserver/etc. but as you may see in the pic below in my source there is no trunk just acis_gameserver or acis_datapack, etc.
vF6uarM.png

That means , if i'm gonna add the patch with the above direction it won't be applied.

So i have to change it to that: acis_gameserver/etc.

If your gameserver , is called for example gs_test , then it should be gs_test/etc.

Now i moved my source location to C:\workspace\trunk\acis_ETC and some window pop up with text 'The patch you are applying has segments that did not match. Just look at this and tell me what i'm doing wrong,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkS9o9FGNVU&feature=youtu.be

Edited by WhiteCrown

Put aCis prjects as shown on iAndre screenshot, if you put in a folder it won't be declared as Java projects.

Then when you apply a patch, in the diff patch window simply remove 1 segment. You got an option, on the first screen in top left section. Something like "remove/drop/hide path segment"

Edited by Tryskell

The diff patch contains datapack and gameserver, so separate it to 2 files - one for GS and another one for DP and then apply them to gs and dp.

Watching your video you have selected both projects (dp and gs) that's why, so as I said, separate gs & dp and then apply it :P

Plus like iAndre said, open those diffs and change the Index to fit with your.

Edited by SweeTs