Are You Highly Motivated Professional Developer?

Greetings Developers!

Are you highly motivated professional developer who does not own project yet due to the lack of brilliant ideas?

That is not an issue anymore because I do have features which most servers lack nowadays and thus are less or not successful.

New server type?

Approximately 13 months ago I had thought about one idea of creating unique server which DOES not require significant changes to be done in the core Lineage 2 systems, but requires developer to spend a little time on specific one - Skill learning system and do minor changes in additional ones.

The idea, when explained, will be pretty simple, crystal clear even to 12 years old kiddo, however, right now, I do not want to go into details and leak everything. Therefore, in order to be as clear as possible I am looking for a developer who would like to start and do project using my idea.

Why I dont do it myself? The answer here is pretty simple - I have been player for several years(7), however my occupation has nothing to do with coding and programming, thus I cannot realise this idea by myself.

Will this idea consist of unrealistic features that will took 250000 hours to code? Answer is NO. In order to achieve new server type only small minor changes are needed to be done plus removal of some items from shop and world due to the new balance and their gamebreaking effects. Few items should be added instead to the Shops and raid bosses, including implementation of new currency. Additionally, but not obligatory, developer may add specific events but this is not neccessary.

When compared to the time developers spend on their projects, the core part of server may be completed in approximately 5 hours.

What I can suggest?

My full devotion to the project including presentation of whole systems of this new unique server type. The game systems will be described as detailed as possible with concrete changes that are needed to be done. Items that are needed to be removed or added to the shop(everything already exists in Lineage 2 world, so there is no need to invent bicycle). Economy balance systems will be introduced and presented, as well as optional events for diversity of gameplay.

Additionally, I have the experience to provide high quality stable community forum for server of this type, plus manage all the community of the server which includes attracting players, pushing project, managing all the information about project, managing community itself and etc.

What do I need?

Highly motivated and professional developer with proof of competence. Additionally, stable c6 OR H5 source files are obligatory for the developer in order to have the fundament to begin.

Why C6 or H5?

C6 or H5 clients with their systems, features and balance are two the most suitable versions of Lineage 2 for this server type.

Overal:

I am providing Idea which will be competitive to current Lineage 2 servers, the server type with long, exciting gameplay. New system and some modifications due to which it will allow to create new possibilities for Lineage 2 players. Moreover, my role will be to push-up this Project -> starting from advertisement, website, forum and managing community.

From my future partner I need required skills to make this baby born and see the world, as well as enthusiasm and optimism.

If you are interested in giving birth to something new, please, do not hesitate to contact me here by either replying in this thread or by PMing me.

Best regards,

Guesswho777

Edited by Guesswho777

It's funny to see those sort of topics in 2013. Can I break your points ?

1 - If a developer is talented, don't worry, he doesn't need you to get ideas.

2 - If a developer is talented, it's more him to ask you proofs of what you can do. Because you're currently useless in a dev team. Any randomer can open a forum and apply a template nowadays, and I know 17y old girl who made it without any knowledge.

3 - You're not the only people to get ideas.

4 - You're not the first people with such speech.

Gl no matter what.

And yes, I'm mean, but it's time to wake up.

PS : you don't give any detail regarding hosting/protection, which is eventually the only point a developer would matter to join you (lack of money, even if he is clever he can sell his time to code and then use money to open it).

PS2 : at least it has been made in fluent English.

Edited by Tryskell

It's funny to see those sort of topics in 2013. Can I break your points ?

1 - If a developer is talented, don't worry, he doesn't need you to get ideas.

2 - If a developer is talented, it's more him to ask you proofs of what you can do. Because you're currently useless in a dev team. Any randomer can open a forum and apply a template nowadays, and I know 17y old girl who made it without any knowledge.

3 - You're not the only people to get ideas.

4 - You're not the first people with such speech.

Gl no matter what.

And yes, I'm mean, but it's time to wake up.

PS : you don't give any detail regarding hosting/protection, which is eventually the only point a developer would matter to join you (lack of money, even if he is clever he can sell his time to code and then use money to open it).

PS2 : at least it has been made in fluent English.

kock it off i am not 17.....

Edited by Boorinio

Tryskell thank you for your structured answer.

Indeed, if developer is talented enough, he will have a lot of work to do and many Administrators of private servers will want to hire such uniqum to script features on their server.

However, this suggestion is only applicable to those, who have not yet started their own projects or are eager to develop something new.

My hat off for the fact you stay polite while 90% ppl would trashtalk me. You didn't answer to my PS. And finally, you should take yourself the time to learn Java, simply to know what's doable and what's not. In 5 hours, many people - me included - on those forums would do almost nothing. I think either you overthink about MxC community skills, or got a wrong appreciation of needed time to develop (BUGLESS and TESTED).

@boorinio, you're (probably) not a girl neither. The only left thing, which still can be debated, is the "without knowledge" part. And I wasn't speaking about you.

:troll:

Tryskell, forgive me that I did not provide answers to your questions.

First of all, I would like to make it clear, that all the hosting issues, not l2 source related are my duties.

Unfortunately, I am only 1/2 of the project. My duties consist of advertising/pushing up project, preparing web for usage, preparing forum for usage, managing forum as well as managing community itself. In short it may be called everything which lies within Social context.

Where is the missing 1/2?

The 1/2 that I am lacking is the other person, my yet not found partner. If my duties are lying within Social context, my partners duties are lying within Technical context(l2 source). Thus, I am missing the other 1/2, some sort of an engineer who can launch the engine. Important to mention, that I have got blueprints for engineers usage, but I cannot use them myself due to their uselessness for my occupation.

Lastly, when I was speaking about 5 hours, I was not overextending the skills of developers I was addressing to, due to the fact that implementation of required system should be as easy as linear equation for school boy(or girl). Tryskell, I can prove that by only asking one question. If you will be interested, I would like to chit-chat with you in skype.

Edited by Guesswho777

I use my (lazyly used) time fixing my own pack, I don't pretend for a position to any project, paid or not, as I got myself projects (delayed by the creation of my pack, since dec 2010).

If you think it's really easy, you should eventually ask in dev help section directly. Because if your idea is good and it's easy to produce, any second-hand dev can reproduce it.

I personally help (big words as I don't code for others, but give hints/advices) people when I can, from the moment it stays public or I got a counterpart for my pack.

My hat off for the fact you stay polite while 90% ppl would trashtalk me. You didn't answer to my PS. And finally, you should take yourself the time to learn Java, simply to know what's doable and what's not. In 5 hours, many people - me included - on those forums would do almost nothing. I think either you overthink about MxC community skills, or got a wrong appreciation of needed time to develop (BUGLESS and TESTED).

@boorinio, you're (probably) not a girl neither. The only left thing, which still can be debated, is the "without knowledge" part. And I wasn't speaking about you.

:troll:

you son of... i know mate i am trolling too  :troll:

Do you think it is too old?

No, it still has a big community.

Btw, u should remove "professional" from your title, you'll not find any "professional" dev here.

Edited by ^Wyatt

Interlude and H5 are one of the most popular chronicles at the moment and each of them brings unique gameplay and features.

^Wyatt, my answer to your mention about professional developer -> faith dies last.

IL packs are still full of bugs (mine included, and I work to patch it), but that's currently right for anything lower than hi5. And hi5 is currently under big rework so they introduce issues they won't fix until they understand they added a new issue.

About professionnalism, when ^Wyatt is right regarding the legit use of the word (only amateurs around), I personally understood it as "amateur with professionnal behavior".

interlude needs both server and client fixes(stuff are missing and stuff are useless, specially on client) plus lot of things are guessed due to lack of info, and since tryskell has the advandage on interlude and most completed of all working a lot of time now it would be wise to chose to start with hes pack so its kinda stupid to start something, so under this conditions better choice h5+ plus motivation for start make some friends to trust them even if they dont know how to code or learning.

it wont start from 10 it will start from 0, my point is nobody specially good java developers will work for free if you know what i mean, so keep searching at lower rates..

wish you luck at your choices.