[Discussion]L2J Tool - Come give me ideas!

Hey there,

I'm thinking of making a program that will make easier/automate some tasks that are hard/time-consuming to some developers.

So if you have ideas, please post below.

Some examples could be easy HTML file creation for NPC (in graphic environment), change drops (in graphic environment) etc.

Thanks in advance.

gl man ..

it sound good.

my ideas?well idk all i want is to edit nps/create more easy.

if your will be better than eclipse as graphics and others then thx :d!

i will wait for it

Well i give you 1 but thats more advanced...a replacement for the telnet system.

Heres what i thought so far, a command line client coded in java that communicates with both login and gameserver(without a network connection for security reasons), and perform tasks such as server status print, ban/kick/jail commands, maybe some donation related custom commands to give items and such, event handling, server restart/shutdown, gm follow(what actions your gm does like what admin commands he uses) and maybe with a string replacer implementation some offline functions like config editing purely in cmd.

to give you an example of a command:

l2jclient --gameserver --kickAcc --accName

Thanks to both for answering.

Well i give you 1 but thats more advanced...a replacement for the telnet system.

Heres what i thought so far, a command line client coded in java that communicates with both login and gameserver(without a network connection for security reasons), and perform tasks such as server status print, ban/kick/jail commands, maybe some donation related custom commands to give items and such, event handling, server restart/shutdown, gm follow(what actions your gm does like what admin commands he uses) and maybe with a string replacer implementation some offline functions like config editing purely in cmd.

to give you an example of a command:

l2jclient --gameserver --kickAcc --accName

And the point of it would be executing commands without having to open L2?

exactly :)

That's a good idea but I definitely don't have the needed knowledge (of Java) to code that program.

I'll just be making a tool (most likely written in VB.NET) to do various tasks easily, I'm sure that it will come in handy for some newbies at least.

Do you have any other ideas?

That's a good idea but I definitely don't have the needed knowledge (of Java) to code that program.

I'll just be making a tool (most likely written in VB.NET) to do various tasks easily, I'm sure that it will come in handy for some newbies at least.

no not really i find editor tools extremly useless :S

IDE

http://monodevelop.com/

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

C# interpreter and it has all VB features, only better if u ask me.

-beep- VB and .net all together.

+ Mono has Gecko, as native.