DressMe for aCis

hi there, this is a simple code I made for a guy some time ago, and since I work for free I decided to share it here.

So this is a command /dressme which when you press it you become disguised, it hides your armor. You may wear dynasty or w/e else but others will see you with a specific armor which the admin decides via the provided XML. The results? see yourself

33jsnx2.png

Download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/G2Z4OFwe/DressMe.html? ,Pass: drake2wow

An install guide comes with the download link.

The configuring XML:

<list>
<dressme glovesId="6380" chestId="6379" legsId="0" bootsId="6381" />
</list>

Credits me

• Upvote 1

You should not get the ids from a static xml file but allow each player to define ids by himself. The way we did it in L2Relapse/Retro on the past was:

1)Wear the visual set.

2)Press dressme command to grab all those ids from the current ( visual ) armor and store to the db.

3)Change to your main armor and populate UserInfo, CharInfo from the information found on the DB for every character.

Remember, dressme is all about letting players decide how they wanna look like, not force them to look like an xml says ;)

You should not get the ids from a static xml file but allow each player to define ids by himself. The way we did it in L2Relapse/Retro on the past was:

1)Wear the visual set.

2)Press dressme command to grab all those ids from the current ( visual ) armor and store to the db.

3)Change to your main armor and populate UserInfo, CharInfo from the information found on the DB for every character.

Remember, dressme is all about letting players decide how they wanna look like, not force them to look like an xml says ;)

The only reason I made it this way, is because I dint want db connections, the datatables as xml loader is there so if you want to add IDs it would be easy for the user, for example

/dressme draconic

<list>

<dressme name="draconic" glovesId="6380" chestId="6379" legsId="0" bootsId="6381" />

<dressme name="imperial" glovesId="6380" chestId="6379" legsId="0" bootsId="6381" />

</list>

and so on.

The code can be further developed to reach its full potential without any db connection.

As for the userinfo, userinfo stands for what you see, my dressme tricks the players who see you, those who get the charInfo, not urself ;)

• 1 month later...

I have a better DressMe script.

The one wich Leluche said about.

Dude no offence but you don't have the proper java knowledge to say if something is bad or if something is better, this system is very light and buggless, random db connection like the code ur reffering about can bring the server down in minutes

DB connection means harddisk->ram->cpu on the other hand my uses ram->cpu

harddisk responds in miliseconds while cpu and ram in nanoseconds, so you make the process 1000x slower and heavier just like that.

PS: I dont want to be the smartass, but you guys have to understand that db connection is a critical process, and should be used only on GS Loading/Shutdown only, with rare exceptions

Dude no offence but you don't have the proper java knowledge to say if something is bad or if something is better, this system is very light and buggless, random db connection like the code ur reffering about can bring the server down in minutes

DB connection means harddisk->ram->cpu on the other hand my uses ram->cpu

harddisk responds in miliseconds while cpu and ram in nanoseconds, so you make the process 1000x slower and heavier just like that.

PS: I dont want to be the smartass, but you guys have to understand that db connection is a critical process, and should be used only on GS Loading/Shutdown only, with rare exceptions

Don't need any java knowledges for that.

I'm just saying u can have infinite possibilities to dress yourself. And with a wooden MACHINE could be a problem yea. But now we are in 2013 right? Tons of ram , high processors. And i don't think i will reach 15 000 players to be afraid about any damage from that sistem.

In conclusion: What i use is better ^^. No offence, but u need to admit that sometimes other do better things. Right?

Didn't said your is trash, just that i owe a better one.

Don't need any java knowledges for that.

I'm just saying u can have infinite possibilities to dress yourself. And with a wooden MACHINE could be a problem yea. But now we are in 2013 right? Tons of ram , high processors. And i don't think i will reach 15 000 players to be afraid about any damage from that sistem.

In conclusion: What i use is better ^^. No offence, but u need to admit that sometimes other do better things. Right?

Didn't said your is trash, just that i owe a better one.

Will you get dissapointed if I tell you that even the one you own can be created throuth my system WIHTOUT db connection ?