Developing for interlude, which pack ?

Xanderॐ

Question

Since I downloaded interlude again and because it's been a long time since I coded anything for L2J, I'm thinkinig to write some custom things for interlude. Which lead us to the current topics question, aside from all the pile of garbage that goes around is there any pack that currently fullfils the following criteria :

1)Stable: Less NPE, less memory leaks, less game mechanic exploits.

2)Developed status: Most of the main features done.

3)Not under heavy alpha development : Less frequent commits, less refractor.

4)Able to go live in a server: Not something that is just for testing.

Thanks a lot.

11 answers to this question

The choices are acis and frozen. Nothing else.

what about l2jhellas ?

Never tried that since i dont use IL client but it seems to be OK

Guest Elfocrash

Pretty straightforward I see thanks. Isn't aCis thought still under heavy development ? Has there been any server going live with aCis ?

Yeah i it is under heavy deving indeed. There are several servers that used acis with success like L2 Rival.

What you ask doesn't exist.

• L2JFrozen got 19 pages of bugs and probably got even more hidden, I don't even count the fact they never refactored anything by their own (even if the quality of their last commits improved by a lot). Their main reworks were Olympiads took from L2RT, partymatching from me, and MMOCore from me. Then they fixed Scoria issues, and still got numerous bugs.
  • aCis is in heavy rework, for instance scripts folder which is still at 80% done, but important refactors are behind (notably those days, NPCs templates which use L2OFF base stats). I focus on bugs reports sections, and complete scripts folder for now. Big reworks would eventually come in few months, but for now I stop definitively big changes on code (except adding features, such as SCHs).

aCis is used by some servers, but people don't want to say they use it, I don't know why. I made an (successful) arrangement with L2Rival in the past, and it reached 550 ppl at best. The server could easily handle 3-4k ppl if RAM usage was following my expectations. The server has been kept at best 2 weeks without any restart, restart done only to apply diff patches.

About current aCis, I got 2 annoying "critical" issues, one with the geoengine due to the drop of Javolution (but i know where it is and i'm waiting current geodriver L2J rework) and one with movement check happening rarely (can be found here, stackoverflow coming from a movement rework then I will probably revert back when i won't be lazy : http://pastebin.com/UgL5vYFd).

If you like adventure you can try L2JHellas, which is based on Archid. They didn't make any important changes by their own, so rely only on Archid changes.

Btw if you want to code customs you should simply use L2J basic version. Any pack got different methods names, or even new methods / new implementations. I don't get the point to use "that" or "that" pack :P. If you see only about popularity and the count of your patches being downloaded, take L2JFrozen.

I always use l2acis, but:

Developing for interlude

and then

-List of things where I wouldn't be doing much development anyway

If you're going to be developing custom things then I'd be less worried about things that are already implemented and instead understand how 1 pack does it and how you're going to adjust it to fit efficently with your planned features.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• MidnightSell team WTB/WTS GOLD TWW EU/US all servers Cataclysm all servers Payment Visa/Master/Btc/Eth/Trc-20/Erc-20 (all payments within 10 min) For all question pls dm Discord https://discord.gg/h8AN57qJjK Or Telegram @MidnightSell
    • GOSTEI MUITO DO VIASUAL DO SERVE COMO POSSO ADQUIRI ESSA REV PACK   
    • Helly everyone . I use L2jmobius interlude , i did everything , installed the db compiled the Build in eclipse Gameserver seems to lead OK , but it fails to connect to loginserver When i click to start the loginserver it says  "Loginserver terminated abnormally" This is wheat gameserver shows me :    [05/10 17:25:12] LoginServerThread: Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014 [05/10 17:25:12] LoginServerThread: LoginServer not available, trying to reconnect... [05/10 17:25:17] LoginServerThread: Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014 [05/10 17:25:17] LoginServerThread: LoginServer not available, trying to reconnect... [05/10 17:25:22] LoginServerThread: Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014 [05/10 17:25:22] LoginServerThread: LoginServer not available, trying to reconnect...   And This is my login config file:   # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Login Server Settings # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # This is the server configuration file. Here you can set up the connection information for your server. # This was written with the assumption that you are behind a router. # Dumbed Down Definitions... # LAN (LOCAL area network) - typically consists of computers connected to the same router as you. # WAN (WIDE area network) - typically consists of computers OUTSIDE of your router (ie. the internet). # x.x.x.x - Format of an IP address. Do not include the x'es into settings. Must be real numbers. # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Networking # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Bind ip of the LoginServer, use 0.0.0.0 to bind on all available IPs # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Please don't change default IPs here if you don't know what are you doing!</font></b></u> # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">External/Internal IPs are now inside "ipconfig.xml" file.</font></b></u> # Default: 0.0.0.0 LoginserverHostname = 0.0.0.0 # Default: 2106 LoginserverPort = 2106 # The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Please don't change default IPs here if you don't know what are you doing!</font></b></u> # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">External/Internal IPs are now inside "ipconfig.xml" file.</font></b></u> # Default: 127.0.0.1 LoginHostname = 127.0.0.1 # The port on which login will listen for GameServers # Default: 9014 LoginPort = 9014 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Database # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Specify the JDBC driver class for your database. # Default: org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver Driver = org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver # Database URL # Default: jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobiusinterlude?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=false&connectTimeout=10000&interactiveClient=true&sessionVariables=wait_timeout=600,interactive_timeout=600&autoReconnect=true URL = jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobiusinterlude?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=false&connectTimeout=10000&interactiveClient=true&sessionVariables=wait_timeout=600,interactive_timeout=600&autoReconnect=true # Database user info. Default is "root" but it's not recommended. Login = root # Database user password, leave empty for no password. Password = root # Maximum number of database connections to maintain in the pool. # Default: 5 MaximumDatabaseConnections = 5 # Determine whether database connections should be tested for availability. # Default: False TestDatabaseConnections = False # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Automatic Database Backup Settings # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Generate database backups when server restarts or shuts down.  BackupDatabase = False # Path to MySQL bin folder. Only necessary on Windows. MySqlBinLocation = C:/xampp/mysql/bin/ # Path where MySQL backups are stored. BackupPath = ../backup/ # Maximum number of days that backups will be kept. # Old files in backup folder will be deleted. # Set to 0 to disable. BackupDays = 30 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Thread Configuration # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Defines the number of threads in the scheduled thread pool. # If set to -1, this will be determined by available processors divided by 2. ScheduledThreadPoolSize = 2 # Defines the number of threads in the instant thread pool. # If set to -1, this will be determined by available processors divided by 2. InstantThreadPoolSize = 2 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Security # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # How many times you can provide an invalid account/pass before the IP gets banned. # Default: 5 LoginTryBeforeBan = 5 # Time you won't be able to login back again after LoginTryBeforeBan tries to login. # Default: 900 (15 minutes) LoginBlockAfterBan = 900 # If set to True any GameServer can register on your login's free slots # Default: True AcceptNewGameServer = True # Flood Protection. All values are in milliseconds. # Default: True EnableFloodProtection = True # Default: 15 FastConnectionLimit = 15 # Default: 700 NormalConnectionTime = 700 # Default: 350 FastConnectionTime = 350 # Default: 50 MaxConnectionPerIP = 50 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Misc Login Settings # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # If False, the license (after the login) will not be shown. # Default: True ShowLicence = True # Default: True AutoCreateAccounts = True # Datapack root directory. # Defaults to current directory from which the server is started. DatapackRoot = . # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Scheduled Login Restart # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Enable disable scheduled login restart. # Default: False LoginRestartSchedule = False # Time in hours. # Default: 24 LoginRestartTime = 24    
  • Topics