[HELP] Laptop Virus

NotAbastard

My friend has a laptop , he brought it here and he says he has a virus because his hard drive is full , and he claims he hasn't downloaded anything heavy.

I checked his pc and the "Documents and Settings/All Users" folder is 120gb heavy, but inside, there are only 4 folders, which are really small (some kbs)

When I rebooted his pc I checked and his free space was 20mb less. So I suspect it is indeed a virus. He has now 38 mb free space and his pc is REALLY slow.

Do you have any suggestions to fix this crap without format?

He has Norton Antivirus (-.-) but it finds nothing  (what a surprise really?)

My friend has a laptop , he brought it here and he says he has a virus because his hard drive is full , and he claims he hasn't downloaded anything heavy.

I checked his pc and the "Documents and Settings/All Users" folder is 120gb heavy, but inside, there are only 4 folders, which are really small (some kbs)

When I rebooted his pc I checked and his free space was 20mb less. So I suspect it is indeed a virus. He has now 38 mb free space and his pc is REALLY slow.

Do you have any suggestions to fix this crap without format?

He has Norton Antivirus (-.-) but it finds nothing  (what a surprise really?)

Yes, there is a possibilty to have a virus. To remove it format or let your antivirus to scan your files.

But, I think there is a possibility that there are hidden folders in users folder which are full of files but you cant see them.

As Pauler said except hidden folders maybe there is a malware which eat the HDD. My opinion for this is one nice format and after that one good antivirus.

There is a virus that it's expanding his size in order to consume all your memory and eventually not let you install anything and it's on same partition with the windows. Since you can't install anything big such as an antivirus because lack of space go scan online your C:\ partition

http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/

and it will find and remove your virus.

There is a virus that it's expanding his size in order to consume all your memory and eventually not let you install anything and it's on same partition with the windows. Since you can't install anything big such as an antivirus because lack of space go scan online your C:\ partition

http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/

and it will find and remove your virus.

Dats called trojan, so i did many formats cauze of this fudgin virus. U dont have to do format necessarily but i suggest you KasperSky Pure 2012, and Panda antivirus will solve the problem trust me.